“Quiet residential area, lovely.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Flynt B&B

Flynt B&B
Ranked #85 of 329 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Hertford, United Kingdom
“Quiet residential area, lovely.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

I really enjoyed my stay, I will definitely come in early spring next time. I have a Gluton intolerance and Ieke, soon after our arrival, telling her of my problem, she went out and purchased the bread I could eat, I was certainly not expecting that when explaining how I will have to find some. I love seeing the European lifestyle differences, from us in UK, we could definitely learn to make our roads more cycle friendly. I did have to watch the cyclists though before venturing across the road, that is before you even get to the traffic and the trams. I found the area so quiet, I love my lay ins now I have retired from work (I always had early starts) the beds were nice with two singles together, just how we have at home and very comfortable. The on suite shower room lovely and clean. The rooms always prepared for us while we were out, made lovely for our return from wherever we have been. So much to do in Amsterdam, Ann Franks museum I will always remember, a must for anyone visiting Amsterdam.
The Bols museum I thoroughly enjoyed, looking around the museum, we were told we would at the end have a special recipe cocktail. As I waited near the bright silver cocktail bar watching the two bar tenders pour with flourish for the people at the bar, I waited patiently close enough to take my turn. An American lady who said," excuse me", as I waited for my cocktail, I moved aside! only for her to swiftly take my place as I we ,my husband and I watched her and companion get her promised Gin Cocktail first !! Oh I did smile !! but the cocktail was well worth the wait and so was the second one. A lovely week in fact. Thank you

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

We have just spent three fantastic days in Amsterdam and we are completely grateful to its ownwer, who helped us since the time we arrive there by bike. We absolutely recommend this B&B, where you have the fridge full of fruit, juices, yoghourts, bread, cheese,...
We will go back for sure.

• Stayed August 2012
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012 via mobile

This B&B is just like Amsterdam itself....easy going. We loved being able to get up in the morning and get our own breakfast in the fully stocked kitchen...we even had eggs for the first time in a month! Our host, Ieke, was very friendly and helpful, and also cleaned up the breakfast dishes. The room was spotless, bright and airy. The bathroom was large by Amsterdam standards! We will definitely return.

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Portland, OR
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Well-located to Leidseplein and the 197 bus directly from the airport. Rooms are small in Amsterdam and Flynt's rooms are no exception but its a cheery place with welcoming/helpful hostess. Our room was quiet and we had access to the computer to print our boarding passes. The refrigerator is stocked which was handy since we left early in the morning to get a flight. 115 Euros seemed high for a double but was competivitve. We'll stay here next time we're in Amsterdam.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AcePortland_OR
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

This bed and breakfast was very good and clean and comparing to all other hotel prices in amsterdam this is defently worth its money! Also the owner was a very helpful and friendly owner.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

In terms of location, it is close to a lot of attractions like Van Gogh museum, Anne Frank House. There are trams nearby.

The host, Ieka , puts her heart and soul in running this B & B. She makes sure the refrigerator is stocked with breakfast ingredients like fruit juices, cereals, pancakes, bread, fruit and cold cuts. You can make yourself breakfast or cook your meals in the kitchen. You can even buy your food and put it in the fridge . The breakfast table is a little small but we could take the food into our room.

The provision of free wifi saves us a lot of money and time to look for local attractions.

The room is cleaned and towels get replaced every day.

However, the kitchen is shared by guests of three rooms. It means it can get a little noisy sometimes. If you need to cook early in the morning or late in the evening, it could be a problem because you are afraid that you might wake up other guests.

• Stayed April 2012
ams- london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Fantastic stay, clean, great location ,easy going . Best B&B we stayed on our trip

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple