“Lovely”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery
Reviewed 22 January 2014

It is a small restaurant and take away place in the area of Overtoom. We arrived there using tram 1. The food was lovely! We had two Burritos both with veal which was really tender. We could taste all the different ingredients used and the chipotle saus that accompanied our dish was a perfect match. We paid around 20 €, for 2 burritos. 1 beer and some nachos with guacamole. The guacamole was the only thing that we did not like, but rather than that everything was yummy.

We are definitely going back soon!

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The only place we order from and it's a cute place to eat too. The wide assortment of salsas are freshly made and taste delicious. They are the only Mexican restaurant / delivery (pretty sure about it) that offer organic / biologische meat and chicken! Their chips are great too.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Ranchito style burrito was the best burrito ever and I have tasted hundreds! Juicy, cheesy, as fresh as possible! And real meat! Plus priced exactly like in Mexico and not in Amsterdam!

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Really good burritos and friendly staff to boot. The burrito I had wasn't that hot, so I just asked the cook to reheat it and he did without any hesitation or problem.

Reviewed 16 July 2013

We had a craving for Mexican food so drove into Amsterdam for lunch on the basis of these reviews. We had respectively, a chicken burrito with pinapple salsa and a steak burrito with tomatillo salsa, some nachos and guacamole plus two drinks - water and a cola. The bill came to 30 euros.

When we came into the venue, there was one table occupied, and the occupants left as we ordered. Ordering seemed more complicated than it ought to be - I speak English and Dutch and yet the counter staff was confused. Once we ordered we chose a table: it was dirty so we moved to one of the other four tables. Granted it was cleaned up once they noticed but that may have influenced my disposition toward the place.

The food itself was ok. My partner enjoyed his chicken burrito. My steak burrito was cold, and had no depth of flavour. The guacamole with the nachos was awful. It had stringy things in it - perhaps from corn on the cob? It was also tasteless, the avocados were under ripe and there wasn't enough seasoning. The salsa was alright.

The portions are fairly big but for what's essentially a fast food meal it was too pricey. For slightly more money you could have a comfortable sit down meal in a cafe.

I understand there have been a lot of good reviews - wish I could have placed one of them!

1  Thank AshinAmsterdam