All reviews business park central station public transportation clean rooms decent hotel yogurt amstel hinges
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I picked this hotel because it had free parking (a major issue in Amsterdam) and was within reach of the centre. It also proved to be well-situated from the major road routes to/from Amsterdam. I was very satisfied with my 3-night stay there.
Normally I would pick a smaller, 'family' guesthouse or hotel in a more rural location, but this is scarcely an option in Amsterdam. However I had a large, very clean, well-appointed 'twin-as-single' room with excellent ensuite bath/shower room and free wi-fi. The public rooms,bar, etc were all fine.
I ate breakfasts here and (once) dined in the restaurant. The breakfasts are a little pricey - but excellent quality and range, and (of course) are an 'all-you-can-eat' buffet. I would say they were equal to the best I had in the Netherlands and Germany. The dinner was also good quality and very well served; and the bar was also good for a large hotel.
Contrary to some reviewers' comments, the metro really is an 8~9 minutes easy walk and is a decent connection to Amsterdam Centraal (and most other locations); I too had to 'divert' once due to work on the line, but a tram/Metro combination was easy and effective.

Room tip: I stayed on the 5th floor.
Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the positive comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

We stayed two nights at this hotel. It is basic but adequate anda reasonable price for Amsterdam.
Parking is available and complimentary. Restaurant meal was good. Breakfast was extra and seemed expensive so we did not have it. The underground station is an easy 8 minute walk away.
Due to construction there was no direct service and we had to change trains and then take a bus into Amsterdam center. Receptionists varied from rather curt to pleasant and helpful.

Room tip: Probably worth the extra $10euro for a deluxe room
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. Such comments supports me and my colleagues to provide our guests a good service. The Bastion Hotel Groep strives to always meet and exceed the expectations of our guest.

I hope to meet you again in one of the hotels from the Bastion Hotel Groep.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is the sixth time I've stayed in this hotel, and my last.

I had noticed on previous visits that standards were slipping, but it really was brought home this time.

The room was not terribly clean. There were no towels, we had to ask. Plenty of towels and bedding in the corridor, dirty linen on the floor for two days.

The staff were unhelpful and somewhat offhand, We had asked for a smoking room when booking, but were given a non-smoking room, despite their being empty rooms in the smoking section. No double beds was another irritation.

Deluxe? No.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you wrote on Tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that I will take appropriate actions in order to improve our services. We regularly train our associates in assuring our perfect service and taking ownership.

I hope you accept my apologies.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We choose to stay here since we where attending an avent at Amsterdam Arena.
the service was really godd, we asked for late checkout and that was no problem.
they have a small restaurant and bar on the ground floor.
We didnt try their food but the staff tending the bar was servieminded.
There' a gasstation close to the hotel if you want to buy lighter refreshments
a taxi from central sation costs about 16 euro and from the ariport (AMS) we paid 44 Euro

The location of this hotell is in a business park so there's really nothing to se, i recommend that you buy a Bus/metro card to get into town, was easy and cheap

All-in-all we had a really great stay here.
Amsterdam is a fantastic city and we will return.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you for the comments which you left on Tripadvisor. We try to meet the expectations of our guests and I believe we did achieve this.

I hope to meet you again in one of our hotels.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I don't expect to pay nearly £100 for a single night in a hotel (without breakfast) to find dusty old socks, bottle tops, the end of a joint and other bits of debris under my bed. However this was completely overshadowed by the old tissues and pizza box my son found under his!!!!!!

Room tip: Choose a room in another hotel!
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank macmicrogal
Bastion Hotel G, Owner at Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear guest,

I hope you accept my apologies ,