As you can see from other posts, this property is very basic. I did not experience any issues during my stay, with a few exceptions noted below.
• Room was clean
• Food was decent (not great)
• Within walking distance of train station (good and bad)
• Inexpensive by European standards
• Small refrigerator in room
• Friendly shuttle driver
• Constant slamming of doors that echoes through the hallways. This is because each floor has a separate exterior door allowing access to the guest rooms, perhaps for security issues?
• Twin bedded room. While this is more common in Europe, the LOW bed height is not
• The front desk is constantly “preoccupied”. It’s hard to believe they are THAT busy all the time, perhaps they are understaffed
• Small room, small work area for laptop
If this property were in the States, it would be somewhere between a Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn. It is a budget property perhaps intended for students looking for inexpensive, short term stays.
Overall I would give it a 70/100 mainly because I didn’t experience the issues noted by others (security issues, cleanliness). If I did, it would be a deal breaker.
I would consider staying elsewhere in the future, but might return for a one night stay if absolutely necessary
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, air conditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. It's close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and on weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam