After myself and my partner had been to Amsterdam previously - we decided we would come for New Years Eve 2013. We were greeted at the Airport with a private taxi supplied by the Bastion which got our five day break off to a great start. When we arrived at the hotel the staff were nothing but helpful and polite and asked if we had any specific requests or needs. As it was the holiday period they supplied each guest with details of public transport running across the new year and directions to the nearest Metro station, which was a short five minute walk away. When we got to our room it was immaculate, with comfortable beds, a powerful shower, a mini fridge and tea and coffee making facilites. The bar served a wide range of beers and spirits and we were constantly supplied with complimentary snacks. Whilst at the hotel we managed to experience a fairly hungover New Years Day breakfast buffet! There was a huge variety of cold and hot food and we were given free Prosecco to welcome in the New Year! Our room was tidied every afternoon with all the towels, cups and refreshments replaced - as well as the sheets being changed every day. We will be back this New Year and we will definitely be back to the Bastion!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bastion Hotel Groep stands for a personal atmosphere, hospitality, comfort and good facilities for an attractive rate. The Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel offers a 24 hour front office, comfortable rooms and an extensive choice of dishes from the a la carte menu in the atmospheric restaurant. Guests are always welcome in the cozy hotel bar or smoking lounge. This lounge contains an LCD television, air conditioning and relaxing lounge chairs. The hotel also offers a fitness room which guests can use free of charge, air conditioning and free wireless internet. The lobby has a computer for guests; they can use the internet for free. Domestic animals are not allowed. Location / accessibility Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam/Amstel is situated near the A10, exit S11. It's close to the RAI and the Amsterdam Arena. The hotel also has free parking places. You can reach the historical centre of Amsterdam within ten minutes by public transport. Here you can find all the famous attractions within reach. This hotel is therefore ideal for business and leisure guests. Rooms The hotel has 120 comfort rooms, 63 deluxe rooms and 9 Quads. The comfort rooms are equipped with a television, a modem, a bureau, a safe, free coffee and tea making facilities and a bathroom with a shower and toilet. The deluxe rooms are extra equipped with a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. The Quads are more spacious than the deluxe rooms and are equiped with a sleeping sofa and a bathroom with bath, toilet and hairdryer. Food & Beverage The hotel serves breakfast on weekdays from 6:00 till 9:00 hrs and on weekends from 7:00 till 10:30 hrs. The hotel has an attractive restaurant with an extensive a la carte menu. The restaurant is open from 11:00 till 23:00 hrs for lunch and dinner. The hotel bar is open till 23.30 hrs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Agoda, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Bastion Hotel Amsterdam Amstel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bastion Deluxe Amsterdam / Amstel Hotel Amsterdam
- Bastion Deluxe Hotel Amsterdam