NH Amsterdam Centre
US$317
US$227
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$311
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$378
US$239
Orbitz.com
US$262
US$247
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$157
  • Bar/Lounge
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
2,898 results
All reviewsgreat locationsuperior roomwithin walking distanceamsterdam centremini barvan gogh museumheineken experiencemuseum quartercentral stationtram stopbars and restaurantsmain attractionsbreakfast was includeddam squaresmall roomanne frank housethe red light district
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Came back for holiday after twelve months found that the service and cleanliness was still at the top of the list it was evenore impressive that siri the lady on thr door at breakfast time actually remembered my name I cannot recommend this place more highly 5 stars are not enough

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
t_lebbink, Manager at NH Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

What more could we possibly wish for than such great compliments with regards to your experiences at the NH Amsterdam Centre, thank you so much! It is our pleasure to read you have had a great stay and that you would recommend future guests to stay in our hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the (nearby) future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This 4 star hotel is in a great location, close to trams, buses and restaurants. The service was impeccable and the staff was very helpful, they provided maps with directions and restaurant recommendations (including the amazing Taste of Culture Chinese). My friend and I were impressed with the large room and wonderful shower. The breakfast was weak and not worth it in my opinion. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The 'superior' room is larger
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
t_lebbink, Manager at NH Amsterdam Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Nora S,

Thank you very much for leaving a comment on TripAdvisor! With pleasure we are reading that you loved the location and found our service impeccable! We hope to welcome you back at the NH Amsterdam Centre

With kind regards,

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed four nights at the NH Amsterdam Centre. It couldn't have been in a better location. Vondelpark, the casino, museums & other major attractions are just a short walking distance away. The front desk staff was friendly,spoke English & were very helpful with suggestions & directions. Our room was larger than expected with a huge flat screen tv. The room was located on the the 6th floor on the front corner of the hotel overlooking a main intersection & one of the large canals. It could be somewhat noisy but that isn't anything that bothers us. The breakfast buffet was large & had a nice selection of fresh fruits, cheese, meats, waffles & breads. My only complaint was an air conditioner that didn't work properly so we kept the window open. Would I stay here again? Absolutely.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nancy M

Dear Nancy M,

We are delighted knowing that you have had an enjoyable stay at the NH Amsterdam Centre! Thank you very much for sharing your experiences trough TripAdvisor, which is very useful for our future guests.

And isn't the location lovely?! Thank you for pointing that out. With pleasure we have also read that you found our service level (in particular the front desk staff) high. We constantly aim to provide the best service possible and it is great to read we were able to do so!

Thank you for your feedback with regards to the air-conditioning, that matter will be investigated so we can prevent it in the future.

We hope to welcome you back anytime soon.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great hotel, staff accommodating. We were on the 3rd floor with a great view of one of the canals. Within walking distance to the café areas. In a very pretty district area also within walking distance to museum

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This was a 4 star bid on Priceline in Amsterdam so it was by chance I stayed here. But overall I was very well pleased with my stay here. It has a cozy, safe and sound feel to it and is conveniently located! I loved my room. I stayed in Room 351 which was well appointed in green and beige color tones which are I happen to love. It had a little den area and the room had good space. My view was of a garden area although I never found my way to it. Would've been a cute area to chill in but I'm not sure if it was even part of the hotel. My room was extremely quiet at night which was so awesome. The bed was super soft comfy and cushy but the pillows were hard! Luckily I bring my own pillow on trips so this was not a problem! The staff was super helpful, extremely professional, courteous, nice and I couldn't have asked for better.
Pros:
1) This hotel is bright and cheerful with a modern contemporary feel. Cozy and nice and I felt very safe here.
2) I thought the breakfast was awesome. It was included in my room and they had a great selection. So many choices and well run. Nice people! I overslept one morning and just missed it by a minute or so and was too sad!!! Couldn't even get a coffee! At 10:30am sharp its over! Boom.
Cons:
1) I found the doorknob in my room to be extremely difficult to open. It was round and I found it hard to get a grip on! So that was annoying. I consider myself pretty strong but most of the time I had to use 2 hands to open it. I'm not exaggerating. This should be looked into because it could be a real safety hazard in case of a fire or emergency!!!
2) Uncomfortable furniture in the restaurant lounge and lobby area! As a solo traveler sometimes in the evening I like to sit in the lounge area just to be around people and activity while I use the wifi. But the couches have no back support and I just did not find one spot that was really comfortable to sit in for any length of time. So if their strategy is to discourage people from generally chilling in the lounge areas with the uncomfy furniture, it worked. I also found the wifi to be a bit spotty. I had to re-log in no less than every 15 to 20 minutes or so. A tad annoying but nothing I couldn't handle. :-)
But overall I loved this hotel and will never forget my week long stay here. Enjoyed it as my home base in beautiful Amsterdam!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo