NH Amsterdam Centre
US$115
US$96
Agoda.com
2,869 results
All reviewsgreat locationsuperior roomwithin walking distanceamsterdam centremini barvan gogh museumheineken experiencemuseum quartercentral stationtram stopbars and restaurantsmain attractionsbreakfast was includeddam squaresmall roomanne frank housethe red light district
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2010

we absolutely loved this location, close to everything, the tram was across the street and the museums were close enough to walk to. The rooms were clean and roomy for Europe. Hated the fact that I had to be in the lobby to use the WIFI but that was the only drawback.

Reviewed 22 December 2010

excellent hotel in a great location, near leidesplein, the museums, and good reataurants. comfortable tram directly to Dam square and the Kalverstraat. very good breakfast and good service. there is nothing more you need!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 December 2010

I won this hotel on Priceline for an really, unbelievable low price. I would not have been able to get a 3 star for the money. I really thought the hotel was great. I was given a large room at the front of the hotel on the 6th floor. I did not notice any issue with noise and I slept great on a large, comfortable bed with great black out drapes. The view over the canal to the Leidseplein was great. The bathroom was large and a 2 head shower and the room was very clean. I have been to Amsterdam many times, so I did not need much help from the staff, but they were friendly and helpful when I needed anything.

I really do not understand some of the complaints in these reviews. If you have to wait a few minutes while they help someone else, what is the big deal? Anyway, I had no issues at all. I would have thought this was a great hotel even if I had paid much closer to the typical web site rates. Based on my Priceline rate, it was a steal.

I did not have breakfast, so can not comment on that. You are a short walk from a grocery store and literally dozens of bars, restaurants and shops. Very close to trams to get anywhere you want as well. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2010

Poor value hotel.
Advantages: Very good location (walking distance to several attractions and nightlife, very close to tramlines and river cruises), spotlessly clean, quiet rooms at the back side of the hotel.
Disadavantages: Pricey, very noisy rooms at the front side of the hotel (don't even try it except if you can book a superior room at a high floor), dull rooms at the back side of the hotel with a view to offices and storage rooms but quiet and more spacious than those at the front, inadequate and understaffed reception (you have to wait 5 to 10 minutes every time you want to speak with someone and there's nobody to give directions or advice to tourists - Only 2 persons from 5 were kind and helpful), no free wi-fi and even worse, just one computer at the reception room which you have to pay to check your e-mails when it works.
Overall, decent stay but very cold and unwelcome hotel. Next time I would try to find a hotel around the 9 streets district.

1  Thank petraleon
Reviewed 18 November 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in November 2010. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room we got was pretty big with the view to the Leidseplein square. However the room furniture had some visible scratches. The hotel has a great central location. 10-20 minutes walk from all major attractions in Amsterdam. There is a tram stop in front of the hotel. There is a 197 bus stop at the bridge in front of the hotel. We took this bus to get to the hotel for 4 euro (30 minutes ride).The WiFi internet is free only in the lobby (with 30 minutes vaucher that must be taken from reception) and there is only one desktop computer. We won this hotel at priceline for $92 per night (including tax) so it's definitely worth this money.