Hotel Acca/Van Gogh
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$218
US$423
US$350
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2008

Stayed two days in the hotel. booked two double rooms.
The hotel location is for sure the best thing. When i read the reviews on this site i was a little bit scared for the hotel but considering the price we payed it was not that bad. Its located in the more expensive and relaxed part of amsterdam near the museums and walking distance from the nightlife. rooms where big but clrearly old!! breakfast was nothing special bread ham cheese milk coffie thee etc. Better to go out to the center and have breakfast there. I would not recommend this hotel to families who want to stay for a week or for lovers who want a romantic weekend. But if you looking for a good located hotel and dont mind that you dont have paperview in your room this is not that bad of a choice. good luck

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2008

This hotel was purely disgusting. I woke in the middle of the night to a mouse sitting on my suitcase, eating my airline tags. I went to the front desk, where they told me it's normal to have mice in the summer. Nice. [--] this place for sure.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank badacca
Reviewed 1 April 2008

I just came home from a weekend stay at Acca. After reading these reviews I was so terrified, but I was happy to find out that we had a big room with four single beds. Clean sheets, clean room. The bathroom was clean, but not the nicest one. It had some strange spots on the walls, but you get what you pay for. We chose this hotel because we wanted something cheap. Well, to be the cheapest hotell we could find in Amsterdam, it was a lot better than we expected. I also felt very safe that the receptionist was very strict with giving out the key, we almost had to show ID. And he always asked where the others were if we didn't go home all four at once.
I would recommend this.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I have just returned from a weekend break in Amsterdam, staying in this absolute pile of flith hotel. The lift didn't work, there were no batteries in the TV remote and the room was in a terrible state..

I travelled with my moaning wife and she hated it more than me, I would recommend people stay away from this hotel at all costs.

Ps - The staff were very helpful and it was in a great location but the hotel needs to be torn down and rebuilt.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TonyT78
Reviewed 5 November 2007

This is the worst place in Amsterdam. We booked two twin rooms but the manager tried to palm us off with a huge, cold, filthy, dangerous, unhealthy,smelly dorm style room with four single beds, one wardrobe (with no doors, it's own graffiti, no hangers or rail) and a bathroom we felt dirtier coming out of! He gave us an extra room eventually but we didn't use it on the second night as we felt safer all sleeping together in one room. We didn't try the breakfest after imagining the condition the kitchen must be in. Honestly, trust the reviews on this site. We didn't and regretted it.

Stayed: November 2007