“Still wouldn't stay anywhere else in Amsterdam!”
Review of Hotel Brouwer

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Brouwer
Ranked #199 of 376 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Just spent 4 nights in Mondriaan room on the top floor. This must have been our 15th+ stay at Brouwer. No pics to post this time; I've already posted room and view pics many times. This is a great place to stay within the center with ambiance, hospitality, and friendly hosts. I feel like Wim, Colleen, Ellen, and Joseph are friends rather than hoteliers.

As long as you're not looking for American-chain type lodging, this is the place. If you want all those conveniences, go elsewhere and leave the room free for me to reserve for my next visit. The hotel has a small elevator (it's all you need), good size, very clean, rooms, and a nice breakfast.

We'll be back again and again.

Room Tip: All rooms have views of the Singel canal
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Even though I wrote a review of my last stay three years ago, I can't help but want to write again about how much I absolutely love this hotel.

Want an authentic Dutch experience? Look no further. The rooms just have so much character and with each one having its own bathroom and a canal view, you just can't beat it. Throw in the breakfast and the friendly staff and you're getting an unbelievable value.

Then there's the location. Right in the heart of town and most importantly, two short stops from a tram stop for many lines. By being so close to Centraal Station, you get to take advantage of many of the tram lines which go there. So if you ever leave town for a day trip, you're just one tram stop away once you get back into Amsterdam. And whenever you're exploring Amsterdam and you're ready to head back to the hotel, chances are you'll be close to one of these tram lines or another you can easily connect from. That convenience is priceless.

As I did for this trip and for all future trips, my travel dates to Amsterdam will depend on the availability of this hotel. I love it that much.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank MichaelZLA
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We stayed three nights at this B & B after visiting Nijmegen. Prior to Nijmegen we had stayed a couple of nights at a different B & B also on the Singel Canal (Hotel Hoksbergen). Hotel Brouwer beat the Hotel Hoksbergen hands down. It was our first visit and we stayed room "Breitler" (Spelling?) which included a comfortable cot bed for our son who joined us at this time. The hotel has the advantage of having a lift for your luggage (and 1 person) and is well within walking distance of the Central Train Station and other sights. During our stay the temperatures were quite warm and the room had the advantage of having windows both on the canal side and on the back which allowed for air circulation. The breakfast was very good and the owners are very helpful and accommodating. There is laundrette very close by which we made use of. Noise from the street on Saturday night was present (Amsterdam is a party city) but not unbearable.

Room Tip: Remember that in these old B&B hotels very few, if any, have air conditioning. During hot weath...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sarso57
Reviewed 11 July 2013

I recently stayed two nights here. This is the second time I have stayed at Hotel Brouwer. The location, on the Singel Canal, is excellent. It is just a 5 - 10 minute walk from the train station, and with in walking distance of most everything you would want to do and see in Amsterdam. The hotel itself is in an older building, and the rooms are pretty small, but this is to be expected in a large city. The room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend to anyone traveling to Amsterdam.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank FreebirdTN
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This is a historical building in a great location on the Singel Canal. This is our second visit and enjoyed as much as ever. Good breakfast, helpful hosts and very comfy rooms with modern ensuites. Only a short walk from the train station and the flower markets. plenty of good restaurants nearby

Room Tip: Top floor is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ChrisBuckels
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights to finish off a 3 day business trip. Location was excellent and price was right for the location too. I had the "HANS" room, I believe, on the 'first' floor....although it took 3 flights to get there! (they do have an elevator big enough for 1 person). Great view out the window. Must pay in cash, and I forgot to ask for a receipt...

3 things keep this from 4 or 5 stars: 1) the room sloped so bad that me and the mattress ended up on the floor by morning. 2) breakfast didn't start until later, and I was up early to get in early to the museums (a must if you don't want to wait in lines), and 3) with no AC, no uncommon in Europe, the noise from outside was quite loud ...I tried to sleep with the windows closed but it was too stifling.

Room Tip: All rooms are suppose to have a view
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mtbe
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I stayed here with a friend for 3 nights in late June and couldn't have asked for a better hotel! Location was perfect, just a walk away from city center and different neighborhoods. The staff was friendly and breakfast really good, they really made you feel welcome. This is a small b&b style hotel and has tons more character than any big hotel. We had a big room overlooking the canal, which was lovely. I will definitely book this hotel again once visiting Amsterdam!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends