Hotel Max
US$227
NH Hotels
US$181
US$157
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$194
US$320
US$289
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$79
US$378
US$239
Orbitz.com
US$262
US$247
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$157
  • Bar/Lounge
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$83
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshower toiletwet roomfirst floorlidlstainswardrobe
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Room was fairly expensive and very poor value for money because of its small size, uncomfortable bed (no headboard) poor furniture, mouse infestation and bad smell. Reception and breakfast were in a different hotel 500metres away. Staff and breakfast were good, but this did not make up for the appalling room

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all cost
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
marcelscheepstra, Eigenaar at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

We changed a lot since your stay in our hotel. We had renovations in all our rooms.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I travelled a lot in my life and I am not picky about where I sleep or demanding in general, but this hotel was the worse one ever. I paid 100€ for first night of my stay for a garden room (double room)…sounds nice, ha? What I got was a dirty room full of big spiders, toilet with accordion doors, tiny room which I wouldn’t mind if the place were clean. The lady at the reception was not helpful and did not want to call the manager or give as a different room. If I wouldn’t pay at advance I would go somewhere else. I have demanded the return of money but of course they didn’t please me. The room I got was not worth 100€/night. The value for money was not acceptable, so I advise everyone to stay away from this hotel – this hotel ruined my holidays which I planned for a long time!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
marcelscheepstra, Eigenaar at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Please contact us about this. We never had any information on this.

I had never any information on this. PLease sent us een email.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Upon arriving at hotel iris just across the road, we were pleasantly surprised to find our shared toilet booking had been upgraded to a private bathroom and room over at the hotel max. We were greeted by a friendly receptionist who helped us out with a map and we were able to check into our room early which we appreciated after a long flight! We stayed for 2 nights only paying around $60 australian a night so we did not have high expectations. Our room -granted older and small- was cosy and clean and manageable with 2 big backpacks. The bathroom was clean and small and required raking of the water down the drain after a shower which wasn't too much of a bother. We received fresh towels daily and had a heater in our room so it was always warm. Close to tram line 4 it was about a 10 min ride to centraale station. Good value for the price we paid.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
marcelscheepstra, Owner at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank very much for the nice words. We are pleased that the stay with us was an success for you.

We always like to hear that our guest liked our service.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

There are rats in the room, it is the most terrible place I've ever seen, besides the check-in had to be done 5 min from the main hotel, the service is terrible. The manager doesn't speak English very well, he even dared to tell me that rats are common in Amsterdam and that they all are pretty used to that situation.

• Stayed: May 2013
marcelscheepstra, Eigenaar at Hotel Max, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

The information is Total incorrect. After this guest mentitioned this we directory take action. The pestcontrol departement of the city of Amsterdam gave is after control on THE 22 january an official report that There are no rats or mousses in THE hotel.

We Will putt à picture of THE report on tripadvisor

Please ignore this ignore this review. Our manager is an American who Speaks perfect english.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

Good location and break fast was good. i would like to stay if i plan to Amsterdam. Easy to reach, walkable to Hienkien exp. Cost is also reasonable. Staff was giving good response and premises was clean.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for you review. Hope to see you again