“This hotel was brilliant - wouldn't want to stay anywhere else!”
Review of Hotel Roemer

Hotel Roemer
Ranked #92 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 26 August 2010

This hotel is great. I travelled with my partner and his parents and as a group we didn't have single bad thing to say.

Firstly, our room was lovely - comfy beds, 3 tvs, jacuzzi bath and rain shower, artwork on the walls, not to mention the free mini-bar which contained beer, soft drinks and nuts, there was also vodka, gin and whisky in decanters. The Nespresso coffee machine in the room was a treat too - really good proper coffee.

The staff were really friendly and helpful for our whole stay, the rooms were also cleaned every day. The breakfast was lovely - fruit, yoghurts, cereals, bacon, sausage and a special breakfast menu.

The outside garden was an added bonus, really calm and peaceful.

Location excellent - it's on a quiet street just off Leidesplein :-)

We had an excellent stay for our 3 nights and this will always be our first choice of stay for any future visits to Amsterdam!

Reviewed 24 August 2010

A great balance between contemporary decoration and homely atmosphere. Situated right in the heart of Amsterdam but in a very quiet street. The space around hte fire place would certainly need to be experienced around Xmas!!!
Discreet and efficient staff. Maybe some more smiles at the front desk wouldn't hurt but....nothing really to worry about. A pity too that WIFI is so expensive from the room though it's free from THEIR computer next to reception.
When I get back to Amsterdam I will most probably stay in the same hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2010

This is a very nice hotel, in a quiet street, but not far from the interesting places.
We booked the junior suite, a spacious but not huge room in the top (3rd) floor. I thad 3 (albeit small) TV's, a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi (one of the TV's was here) and a very nice shower. Wireless internet was available for €6 for 24 hours, I think.
All the good things you can read about this hotel in Tripadvisor are true, so I'm just going to mention a few quirks, so they can improve (I wrote the same thing on their survey).
The interiors of the wardrobes, and some of the ornaments were very dusty.
The bathroom floor had feet marks on it, as the sink had soap marks on it. I think that probably this kind of marble is difficult to clean, but this is not an excuse to leave it stained.
The breakfast was good, but I ordered fried eggs, and one of the eggs was broken (had its yolk mixed with the white). I good chef would have discarded this eggs and prepared new ones. The second day I was served perfect fried eggs.
I ordered rosti (potatos, it was in the menu). The first day they said they ran out of it. Fair enough. But the second day they told me that rosti was actually toast, and that I could have it from the buffet. Nonsense.
Free minibar was included in my room, but the second day they didn't restock it, so I had to ask for it twice, and the drinks were warm when they finally arrived.

Obviously these are minor things and they would not stop me from coming back if I have the chance. I would recommend this hotel to everynoe.

1  Thank Lovecraft
Reviewed 17 August 2010

We booke dthe vondel hotel, but were upgraded to the Hotel Roemer. Thse two hotels are located in close proximity to each other. The location is fantastic, with a nearby tram stop, and easy walking distance to the Van Gogh Museum, Heineken brewery, canal boat tour stop, and Vondel Park. It was nice to be a little off the heavily travelled streets, but easy walking distance to everything.

Clean, modern rooms, with an excellent concierge.

Reviewed 16 August 2010

This hotel is perfectly situated in a quiet side street in easy walking distance of the Rijksmuseum and the heart of Amsterdam. The bedrooms were comfortable, the bathrooms good, the staff extremely helpful and it was lovely to have a garden to sit in. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I must say that style-wise, the hotel seems a bit nicer in pictures, or alternatively we were simply unlucky with our room which was not warm and light like in many of the photos, but perhaps a bit overly trendy with a huge bright red wall. It was also very small for a junior suite even in big city standards, this being their largest room option.

that said, it provided a comfortable stay and the service was always excellent. We were pleasantly surprised when our rate included breakfast and complimentary food and drinks throughout our stay. The lobby is cozy and the patio is really nice.

One downside was the fact that from 7AM onwards, we could smell grease in our 3rd floor room. I assume this was from the kitchen as they were preparing breakfast, but why it came all the way to our room, I don't know. Another minor downside was the fact that the only way to enter the hotel is by ringing a door bell, after which they ask for both your room number and last name which you need to yell on the street. this is a bit awkward, if they want to be so secure, why not have a system where you can open the main door with a room key?

overall, I found the hotel to be quite pleasant, and the pricing through Tablet was reasonable. the location is pretty good, a quick walk from a number of places but just far enough from the chaotic Leidseplein.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2010

A success from the moment we were able to get a parking space right outside the door of the hotel. The entrance and reception are small and don't give the best first impression but the room we had, in the basement, was spectacular. Plenty of space for 2 adults and 2 small kids. Large bathroom with a twin shower (yes, two showers in the same space). The room came with a Nespresso machine and coffee pods. Our check-in lady was close to unfriendly however by the time we exited our room she had been replaced by a much more friendly lady and all other staff we saw were great. Location is really 5mins walk from the Rijksmuseum and Leidseplein where there are lots of restaurants. The price was in line with what I'd expect to pay for a hotel at this location at this time of year. Breakfast was sufficient without being spectacular. I'd definitely return

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family