Atlanta Hotel
US$137
US$448
US$423
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$95
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
US$502
US$354
  • Room Service
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$186
  • Pool
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
US$302
US$292
US$297
US$240
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$116
US$263
US$248
  • Restaurant
All reviewssteep stepswalked everywheremin walktramcafes
Reviewed 26 October 2008

This was my second stay at the Atlanta, this first was a bit of a let-down because of bad communication between staff. I am pleased to say that this problem has been well and truly sorted!

The front desk staff were efficient and genuinely wanted to help!

The room was spotlessly clean with no dust etc anywhere, all the 'equipment' worked and the bed was one of the most comfortable I have slept on for a long time.

The location is fantastic for nightlife and everything is well within walking distance (or a short tram ride if you prefer)

Thanks for a good stay, I will be back!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled solo
1  Thank scunnybunny78
Reviewed 21 September 2008

When I got to the hotel they wanted to charge me during check-in. I paid by credit card, and the receptionist "forgot" to give it back to me. When I went up to the room I realized she still has my card so I went down to pick it up. That was the only time I used the card and that it wasn't with me during my stay in Amsterdam.
They must have copied it or something, because two days later, after I left Amsterdam, I got charged for thousands of Euros in shops around Amsterdam...

BE CAREFULL..!!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank moor1
Reviewed 8 September 2008

Booked two twin rooms at this hotel,when we arrived they only had one twin and one double. The twin was in the attic, the bathroom was filthy (mould everywhere), and to cap it all behind the wardrobe was a container with poison for mice, mouse droppings everywhere. The double, you couldnt swing a cat in it, same problem with mice. How this hotel is allowed to stay in business??? Dont stay here.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2008

I was surprised, the room: two twin beds, fake wood flooring, hair dryer and mini bar. The room was clean but small. The stairs were steep, especially when carrying my bags. The staff, all shifts were friendly. Tram stop was very close as were bars and restaurants. If you plan to sleep at night then this isn't the hotel for you. The night life is loud and goes till 4-5am. The hotel is close to everything. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 December 2007

I was very nervous booking the Hotel Atlanta due to some reviews. I even did a back-up reservation just in case (Why ruin YOUR vacation by arguing with hotel staff? If a hotel is unexceptable - go somewhere else. <Check the cancellation policy of the other hotel if you decide to stay> If the original hotel refuses to refund a deposit (I have yet to have this problem since hotels would rather avoid a scene in the lobby) dispute the charge with your credit card company under "services not rendered" ). But I was wonderfully suprised with the Hotel Atlanta! For the hotel itself - ***Warning*** - you do have to climb a very steep staircase just to get to front desk so pack lightly or use backpacks. At the top you are greeted by smiling Suki - she's wonderful ("...And what Suki says - Suki do!"). We got booked in very quickly (TIP - request to have the phone "opened" in your room if you're going to make calls) and she even gave some excellent suggestions on where to go and what to do. We reserved an ensuite triple room. It was like climing Everest (They love those steep staircases in AMsterdam) to get to the room but we were greeted with a beautiful view of Rembrant Square (Rembrandtplein) and three really soft, comfortable beds. Not the prettiest room I ever stayed in but it had everything we needed.

The location is incredible! If this is your 1st visit to Amsterdam - this is a great place to start. You can take the GREEN LINE water taxi from Central Station and travel through the canals to get an overview of this wonderful city before exiting at the Rembrandtplein stop (You can also take the Number 4 or 9 Tram from Central station and it'll drop you off 100 feet from the hotel but the Canal Trips are much more fun). You are well within walking distance of fine resturants, local eateries and one "hole in the wall "hambuger stand that DEEP-FRY their hamburgers (not very heart healthy but very tastey). There are also casinos (I know, who ever talks about Amsterdam's fine Casinos), book stores, nightclubs, museums and "coffee shops" (not to be confused with "cafes" if traveling with Mom & Dad) and thats just in the Square!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled with friends