“Do Not Book Here!!!”

Ranked #248 of 365 Hotels in Amsterdam
Atlanta, Georgia
“Do Not Book Here!!!”
Reviewed 9 December 2006

I have been to many countries and stayed in many places that I have paid as little as $7 night. I have never stayed in any place as bad as this. If I knew it was safe to sleep in a park in Amsterdam I would have rather have done that. I don't see how they could legally charge 123 Euro a night. Even if you are drunk, etc you would not want to sleep here. The people who have written good reviews must know of some new drug or they are associated with this nightmare.

Want to know why it is so bad:

1) Ceiling fan in the room only had three blades and they were all bent down. Oh.. it didn't work either...

2) It was very cool outside, but hot as hell inside and you could not open a window. I mean VERY hot. We would lay our clothes out so that right when you get dried off after a shower you throw your clothes on and get out before you start sweating.

3) Shower was nasty nasty.

4) TV remote did not work, and TV only worked sometimes.

5) Rooms are very, very, very small. Don't count on seeing any room like the photos on their website.

The only good thing I can say is that the hotel room forces you to spend as little time as possible in the room and to spend all your time out seeing the sites.

Uggggh! I hope one day I will be able to forget this scary place!

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here. If you do, you will really wish you had not!
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with friends
1 Thank BILLJ_GA

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Gloucestershire
Reviewed 20 November 2006

Okay, I admit the hotel isn't 5 star, but if you only want a place to sleep and wash I don't think you can go wrong with this place.

The location is excellent, close to central station, Dam Square, Red Light district etc.

The rooms were warm and comfortable, clean and the bed nice to sleep on. Didn't try breakfast so can't comment.

If you are in the dam as a group on the beer and what to be close to all the action, give it a try.

No problems with reception either and didn't feel unsafe once.

• Liked — Central location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with friends
6 Thank TomSal
ENGLAND
Reviewed 26 October 2006

Where do i start. I and my party were disgusted with the 8 bed apartment i booked through easytobook. The toilet had been smashed, a filthy shower curtain that had gone brown, no TV for 36 hours even though I complained, broken coffee table which I tried to fix, un-equipped kitchen only plastic cups from a water dispenser, not even a kettle, worn out carpets right through to the boards, most of the windows would not open, broken window blinds, broken heater, dangerous exposed electrical circuits on uplighters and not enough beds. When i brought up the beds situation with the staff they just shrugged their shoulders and said "well thats all we have". It dosn't even look like the photos in the advertisement. On the advertisement I was promised 8 single beds and we got 7 and a double. Not good enough. I and my party were absolutely let down and will never stay at this hotel again. I cannot believe that this is a 3 star hotel apartment, no way, more like 1 star. No clean towels and nobody came in and cleaned the apartment while we stayed. The whole apartment was in a state of being decorated but by no means nearly finished, with dirty walls and filled holes everywhere. There was nowhere to hang any clothes or a chest of drawers to use either. One room didn't even have a light in it. The rooms were not even at the hotel it was a few doors away from the hotel. It was filthy and if this is what easytobook has to offer then I will not be booking through them ever again. I have been going to Amsterdam for 8 years now and I can honestly say this was the worst accommodation I have ever stayed in and my friends feel the same. We were disgusted and let down to such an extent that the accommodation was the talking point of the trip due to it being so bad. Hope that you pass on my comments to the hotel. You really should not be advertising places like this, take it off your lists so that nobody else has to go through it as well. It’s a total disgrace. Seeing is beleiveing, and you do not want to see this i'm sure. By the way there was meant to be a lift which was why it was booked along with being close to the station, but i saw no lift and i have spent the last three days in bed with a knackerd back because of all the narrow steep stairs taking tablets galore to ease the pain.
I wish i had a camera with me to have taken some photos.
Do not stay at this hotel.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Tips/Secrets — Dont stay here
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
3 Thank BONKA

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

London, UK
Reviewed 26 September 2006

This hotel has obviously changed ownership since I last stayed. What a difference! It used to be ok, nice lady on reception, nothing special, but ok for cheap digs and a place to crash after a day on the lash. But now its simply awful. The new owners simply don't provide any customer service (as I found out when the maid had accidentally removed my towell from the room - I never got it back.) The rooms are dimly lit, the showers poor and lack power, linen ripped and dirty, carpets sticky, broken light bulbs, toilet didn't always flush properly, and no remote for the TV. The room I most recently stayed in had windows that opened out onto what I might only describe as an empty lift shaft - this was regularly used by guests in other rooms to be sick into from their windows - not nice to be woken up like this at 3am. This should really only be used as a place to crash out when wasted, its noisy, full of drunk tourists and the reception is always smokey. Breakfast? Are they sure? I wouldn't call it breakfast - just some dodgy bread and rancid looking cheese. A very poor hotel now - pity as I have some fond memories of staying here on previous trips over many years. Good location though! But I can't think of anything else positive to say. I'd avoid it based on experience. For a few extra Euros you will find something a lot cleaner and nicer.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — It's filthy and offers very poor customer service
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't go by the photos on their website.
  • Stayed October 2005, travelled with friends
1 Thank AshburtonGrove
Scotland
Reviewed 18 September 2006

I would strongly recommend to any one reading theses reviews NOT to book here. In all my travels over the years to Amsterdam, this has got to be by far the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. Dirt and dusty are everywhere, the rooms are small, smelly, carpets stained and fraying at the edges, the curtains are disgusting. The bathroom was disgusting, and the glass is clear plain glass, so you have got blinds to pull for privacy, but only some !!!
The room had not been cleaned since the last people checked out, there was used tissues on the floor, bedding was once white but now grey and full of holes. The mattress is as firm as a marshmallow!!
The reception is as bad, stairs to rooms are filthy at best, fag ends all over, litter behind doors.
We noticed that a young group of folk were also not happy with their room and were checking out, but they were getting charged for one night, even though they refused to stay. I noticed then that the staff are shocking, one guy in a suit was swearing at the young group and being very intimidating. The reception is always full of the " staffs" family and friends, and make you very nervous when you walk through, they stop talking and watch you and carry on their conversation when you are walking away.
As for helpful !!!! not in the least, we were waiting for a call from the airport regarding our baggage, they did call, just reception could not be bothered passing on the message. Hit them with a problem and they will blatantly walk away, as happened to me, i stood there unable to believe that they walked away!! and carried on their conversations.
We stayed the one night, only because we could not get a refund for the whole stay, checked out the next morning after being told we would be refunded for the other two nights!!! We had to fight to get our refund after being offered it a few hours previous, then told they could not refund the payment to our card as they did not know how to!! and then told we can do it, but it will take a few weeks !!!! i was not prepared for that and eventually got a refund in cash, but i think it was only because of my size and stature or the fact that i had red mist decending and was about to rip the head off the manager( george) if he is the manager ?
Take it from me , dont not even consider this hotel, how any one can give this place decent review is beyond me!!

• Liked — the exit door
  • Disliked — the dirt
  • Tips/Secrets — dont book
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
77 Thank triumphant
istanbul
Reviewed 2 August 2006

I have had marvelous time at this hotel. It has spacious rooms and beds they are also very clean. The hotel is in the heart of amsterdam, all the famous attractions is only walking distance. Also we really liked the rich breakfast. And what I liked most was the people who works there, were extremly kind ,friendly, talkative, helpfull, cheerfull. I will go back there just to visit the hotel workers, I spend lots of time with them listening their funny stories about amsterdam. Lovely place to go. Dont expect luxury but it is a modest , clean friendly place I would say its just for young people. Go meet the fun people there...

• Liked — the people who works at the hotel
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — dont just go to sleep, explore the city
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
3 Thank bigsmile
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 June 2006

I read all the comments and I am thinking why people go to busy part of the town if they want to see the historic Amsterdam?????????
This Hotel was clean to my standards. Clean bedding, bathroom, towels, breakfast area etc. People were smoking at the reception but who cared. The rooms are on the first floor so you could not smell the cigarette smell. People at the reception were helpful for direction, telephone, attractions, thought the lady in the kitchen was a bit funny. One day we went late for breakfast and we asked for more boiled eggs as there weren’t any left at the buffet, but she didn’t give us any, she said that we have to come early not at the end of the breakfast time!!!!!!!!!!
The Hotel is in a very central and convenient location. Few minutes walk to the Dam Square and shopping area, also very close to restaurants, café shops, fast food and souvenir shops. For being so close to the centre there is a price to pay. The Hotel is in a busy area and it is quiet noisy until early hours of the morning. Amsterdam is a busy place at all the time, so if you are looking for restful break Amsterdam isn’t the place, you will be better of going to Rotterdam for that purpose.
I highly recommend this Hotel to young people and couples as myself and my husband, also to all other people from different age brackets who are looking for adventure and want to see Amsterdam in its real charm .

• Stayed April 2006