I have been to many countries and stayed in many places that I have paid as little as $7 night. I have never stayed in any place as bad as this. If I knew it was safe to sleep in a park in Amsterdam I would have rather have done that. I don't see how they could legally charge 123 Euro a night. Even if you are drunk, etc you would not want to sleep here. The people who have written good reviews must know of some new drug or they are associated with this nightmare.
Want to know why it is so bad:
1) Ceiling fan in the room only had three blades and they were all bent down. Oh.. it didn't work either...
2) It was very cool outside, but hot as hell inside and you could not open a window. I mean VERY hot. We would lay our clothes out so that right when you get dried off after a shower you throw your clothes on and get out before you start sweating.
3) Shower was nasty nasty.
4) TV remote did not work, and TV only worked sometimes.
5) Rooms are very, very, very small. Don't count on seeing any room like the photos on their website.
The only good thing I can say is that the hotel room forces you to spend as little time as possible in the room and to spend all your time out seeing the sites.
Uggggh! I hope one day I will be able to forget this scary place!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel De Koopermoolen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- De Koopermoolen Hotel
- De Koopermoolen Amsterdam