“Wonderful little hotel”
Review of Hotel Weber

Hotel Weber
Ranked #55 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2009

My husband and I had a great three-day stay at the Weber. The rooms were large, stylishly decorated, well equipped, and had great (mood) lighting. We were a little hesitant about the noise mentioned in other reports, but we requested a room on the backside of the building and had no issues. The breakfast better than expected, and having a mini fridge came in handy.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel Weber

Reviewed 28 March 2009

We stayed in Weber for 4 nights and we were very pleased with the hotel. We dediced to stay there through Trip Advisor and it was a really good choice. The room is large, clean and very comfortable and cozy. The bed is big. Breakfast is served in an unconventional but good way: they put a basket of bread next to the room door and all other stuff (orange juice, milk, jelly, cheese etc.) are already in the frigobar. There is a Nexpresso machine and a small pantry where you can prepare something to eat. The windows are large with good natural ilumination and the decoration is awsome! The location is great - just a few steps from Leidseplein, where you can find lots of good restaurants. There is no lift in the hotel - the only bad thing about it in our opinion - but the hotel staff is very helpfull and carryed the luggage up and downstairs. We had a great time in Weber!!

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2009

We stayed in The Weber at the end of Feb. Fantastic hotel & Concept. Firstly, yes the stairs are mightey steep and you may need to crawl on hand and knee if coming home from a late night, but there is a very comfortable bed to fall into at the end of it! The location is great and you can walk to pretty much everything. The hotel room was spotless, big,modern and great bathroom with lovely toiletries We also didn't find noise a problem and we were only on the second floor. The owner is very welcoming and goes out of his way to ensure you are not disturbed. We slept in one morning and instead of disturbing us to clean the room, he waited until we left. This is also why your bread is left outside the room in the morning. A really great little find in amsterdam and a bargain at €165 for a double room for 2 nights (thurs & fri), it isn't getting such great reviews for nothing!!

Reviewed 18 February 2009

This hotel was absolutely perfect. It is modern, very clean, the service is wonderful and the breakfast included is so yummy. You can come and go as you please and rarely see anyone else. The stair cases are hazardous (but that’s just how it is in Amsterdam)! The hair drier works great so don’t even lug yours all the way there. The balcony is small, but big enough to fit two people out there to enjoy the lively streets. There is wireless internet, which was a life saver and it is such a great central location. We travel all over the world and really love nice hotels and this one is really a great value!

Reviewed 17 February 2009

The Hotel Weber is the best kept secret in Amsterdam! Don't hesitate - just make your reservation because this place is perfect. My husband and I have stayed here twice, and will make sure to stay here again for all future stays in Amsterdam. I actually don't like the intrusiveness of normal B&Bs so don't normally stay at them (I don't like eating breakfast with a crazy cat lady! I like my privacy) - but this is really just a tiny hotel, not a B&B so no need to worry. The manager of this hotel is terrific - young and energetic, and gives you his number to call his cell day or night with any questions! The rooms are truly *huge* by Dutch standards. The rooms are immaculately clean, and the breakfast of bread with yummies in the fridge in the room is so good (and authentically Dutch). The free wireless internet is super fast and reliable. Ultra modern shower and decor, sink area with espresso coffee and a fridge, a flat screen TV with cable. There is literally nothing I would suggest this hotel changes - I love it here, and will continue to tell all my friends and family. Great value, so clean, and so modern. (Also, I read another review complaining incorrectly about this - they will indeed give you the bread the night before if you're going to be up and out early in the morning - you just need to ask.)

As background - my husband and I are both in our early 30s and are busy professionals, who travel quite a lot, and normally stay at upscale hotels. (And he's Dutch, I'm American, and we live in the US.)

About the stairs - come on now, this is Amsterdam and steep stairs are part of the experience! If you want to be insulated from "real" Dutch housing, stay at a boring Marriott and eat at McDonalds. If you want to feel like you've got your own fabulous apartment right in the city, with real Dutch hospitality (and real Dutch food for breakfast!), this is the place to be!

Reviewed 17 February 2009

We booked this hotel having seen the positive reviews on here and were not disappointed. We paid £316 for a double room for 4 nights and it was well worth it.

Our room was number 6 which was up three steep flights of stairs. These stairs were the only downside of the hotel.

The room was really nicely decorated, though my partner wasn't too keen on the skull above the bed. The room was large with windows pretty much filling one wall. The bed was actually two singles pushed together, but this wasn't really noticeable.

The room had a TV with several English channels, desk, two stools, a chair, a wardrobe with (free) safe inside, a sink, a fridge and cutlery and crockery for two people.

Breakfast was provided each day and consisted of 2x croissants, 2x bread bun, 4x large bread slice, 2x liver paté, 2x soft cheese, 2x cheese slice, 2x ham slice, 4x chicken slice, 1x Filet Americain (seasoned raw meat spread which was quite tasty), 2x jam, 2x Nutella, 4x margarine, 2x cornflakes, 2x milk, 2x orange juice and 2x yoghurt. If we had eaten all this we wouldn't have eaten out at all! Whatever bread we didn't eat was taken away while we were out during the day.

The bathroom, consisting of sink, toilet, large mirror and shower in a wet room, was clean and well finished. Two towels and a facecloth were provided each and could be refreshed daily if wanted. There was a hairdryer in the bathroom which worked well.

The hotel is situated 1-2 minutes walk from the Leidseplein where there are lots of cafes, coffeeshops and restaurants. Trams 1, 2 and 5 go up to the Central Station/Damrak/Red Light area, which takes about 10 minutes.

Trams do go past the front of the hotel. We didn't find this a problem at all but if you are very sensitive to noise then a room at the back would probably be preferable.

Overall a gorgeous little hotel, excellent location, decent price. Would highly recommend it for anyone who can manage stairs and will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: February 2009
Reviewed 12 February 2009

I was pretty excited about staying at this hotel. It looked like the rooms were large and modern, and they were, but over all I was a dissapointed with the place. My husband and I stayed for 5 nights and it's not the cheapest place. I had read in the reviews about the steep stairs but I didn't pay any attention. It's Holland right! I've been and seen twice before. Well, I ate my words. Those were the steepest most ridiculous stairs I've ever seen in my life and litterally "climbing" up and down them every day for 6 days sober or not was not only scary but a crazy work out. Not much fun at 3 in the morning. We were on the top floor. It was a real struggle to get luggage both up and down from there. I may have been happier with the place if we weren't on the top floor. You would think if you are staying at a place for 5 nights you would get one of the better rooms but apparently not. The place was clean enough but in 5 nights/6 days they did not change the sheets once. The sheets should have been changed after our first night there but each day we would come back and minimal cleaning was done and we had the same dirty sheets. I chose this hotel as it was near the Leidsesplein and the hotel I wanted to book was full (the Leidse Hotel - excellent hotel btw). The location is great but I wouldn't stay there again. The best part about the stay was the breakfast. Fresh bread and croisants left outside your door each morning. Yummy. The only thing about that was if your an early riser they don't deliver until 9 am and they won't put it out for you the night before. We had an early flight and missed out on our last day but the previous 4 days were great breakfast in bed days.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)