Booked this hotel as it was reasonably priced and not far from Amsterdam City Centre, the hotel is located in what seems to be a businees area. The staff were helpful in providing information and a local map plus bus timetable (16.5 Euros for a 72hr pass) number 48 bus stop is just across the road from the hotel and they run very frequently and only take 10-15 minutes to reach the centre where you can then travel to other parts of the city. Breakfast in the hotel was included and there was a good selection of items. Amsterdam itself is like Venice but with plenty of bikes, scooters and cars, I have never seen a bike park before but apparently there are 1/2 million bikes in Amsterdam. Had a nice 1 hour boat trip around the canals, a coach trip to see the windmills, cheese making and the traditional clog factory, 5 1/2 hours in total. Also visited the Van Gogh museum. There is no shortage of things to do and see, so I would thoroughly recommend a visit for a few days, even nicer if the weather is good as it was on our trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Amsterdam City West is a modern 3-star hotel located between the city center and the main business districts of Amsterdam. The hotel offers 180 rooms, a restaurant with bar and terrace and 24-hr snack service. The hotel is surrounded by free public parking (between 7pm and 9am during the week and all day long during the weekend). The bus stop to Amsterdam Central Station is in front of the door (runs 24-hrs a day). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jet2Holidays , Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo and ACCOR so you can book your Ibis Amsterdam City West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Amsterdam City West Hotel Amsterdam
- Accor Amsterdam City West