Ibis Amsterdam City West
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$352
US$271
US$663
US$445
  • Pool
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$201
US$163
  • Bar/Lounge
US$258
US$203
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
WestCord Art Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$135
  • Pool
WestCord City Centre Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$262
US$307
US$249
US$315
US$278
Travelocity
  • Pool
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$130
US$324
US$225
Travelocity
1,645 results
All reviewsburger king next doorbus stopcentral stationnumber busnight busafter midnighttriple roomtakes about minutesrooms are smallshort stayquiet areapublic transportschiphol airportlong weekendstayed here for nightscentrestops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We stayed two nights in this hotel and found it a good low cost option for staying in Amsterdam. The hotel is only a 10 minute bus ride away from the city center and it sells bus passes so it is easy to get around the city. The room was tight for three people but we made do. Ibis West was clean and the staff very helpful. The breakfast was good but I thought pricey but you don't really have any option unless you want to take the bus and look for food on the way to or once you arrive in the city center. Overall a very good experience if you are traveling on a budget. The wifi was excellent.

Room Tip: For three people I thought the room was small.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I've recently just got back after staying in this hotel for 3 nights, firstly they gave us out first room which the shower drainage did not work so had to swap rooms within 10 minutes of arrival, very happy with the lady who done that for us as she was very polite about it. After getting settled into the new room it seemed clean but in closer inspection there was dust everywhere, I've stayed in many ibis hotels and have not once seen an ounce of dust anywhere. Was nice receiving fresh towels every morning but would of expected clean bed sheets. The day staff was really kind and helpful but the evening staff was a different kettle of fish. On check out I received a warm review from the member of staff, i mentioned that I got bitten quite bad from the room and it was brushed off like it happens all the time. This was my 2nd ibis hotel stayed in whilst in Amsterdam but I'm 50/50 whether I would stay in this hotel again, although some of the staff here was lovely and helpful others seemed like they didn't want to be there.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Alexi-oh
Reviewed 23 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently stayed here as we were attending a festival with the shuttle bus leaving from Sloterdijk station. The location was perfect for this - you could walk to the station or it was a short bus ride away. It was also easy to travel to Amsterdam central. There is a bus stop right outside the hotel and the journey took about 20 minutes.
The room was clean, a good size with a great power shower. The staff were friendly and helpful and took the time to ask us about our stay at check out. The only disappointment was that the breakfast seemed overpriced so we ate next door in the huge Burger King. I would recommend this hotel. It was cheaper than staying in central Amsterdam and actually quite nice to stay in a quieter area for a change. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cfrancis24
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here in May 2014. The one thing we noticed was that there was no bath mat, this was after my mother slipped out of the shower. There was only two towels in the bathroom, not hand towels, not face washers and no mat. When I rang reception, they advised me that if they didn't have any mats they would bring an extra towel, a bit late after the fact but when they arrived the girl had about a dozen mats....why were there no mats in the rooms. This must we a safety issue and mats should be in all rooms. I was lucky my mother didn't hurt herself very bad but it made the rest of our trip a bit hard at times..... Not good service

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna N
ibiscitywest, General Manager at Ibis Amsterdam City West, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2014

Dear Donna,

Thank you very much for posting your review on Tripadvisor.

Thank you for informing us about the fact that there was no bathmat in the room. We do apologize for the problem that was caused to your mother. In each room there must be a bathmat and two big towels. I discussed the missing bathmat with our housekeeping manager and she has introduced measures to ensure this does not happen again.

For any future stays I would like to inform you about our 15-minute guarantee, if anything is wrong in your room (for example a missing bathmat), than you can call reception and we solve the problem within 15 minutes, if we don't solve your problem within 15 minutes, you stay is for free.

Best Regards,