“What a little paradise!”
Review of Suite 259

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Suite 259
Ranked #112 of 336 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“What a little paradise!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I never leave letters where I stay. I did here. And with good reason.

Amsterdam is compact enough thanks to the tram. You can easily get on number 1 tram from the Central Train Station to be delivered right in front of Suite 259.

From the moment we set foot in Aziz's store under the B&B, we felt taken care of. Peter and Aziz are like mom and dad. There is no other way to explain how the both of them take care of your stay in Amsterdam!

My husband and I arrived late in the afternoon for a 5-night stay - the longest we have ever stayed in a European city. We had no idea what to expect. I had seen the pictures here of a safari like theme and wondered what that was about. The city hotels were sold out however the reviews here spoke well of Suite 259.

And then I saw Peter's outstretched hand and knew we made the right choice. Peter took my bulky duffel bag and led the way to the 'Grand Sahara' suite. He gave us his card and told us specifically to use it anytime day or night. We walked in to a delightful two floor loft which had a flowery patio, kitchen area and 2 bathrooms (one of which included a sauna). Yes the safari or jungle theme is spread throughout the B&B and Aziz's store downstairs and its refreshing. The fridge was stocked with water and soda. There was coffee to brew and tea to drink if you needed. Wi-Fi worked like a charm in the living room. In short, each day we returned late in the evening to our suite, we felt like we were returning home, comfortable, safe and tidy.

Here are a couple of things to keep in mind. Aziz is a super chef. His breakfast spreads are to be enjoyed so make sure you are NOT on a diet plan, can freely let Aziz know what your dietary restrictions are and show up in a mood to eat heartily in the morning. Knowing how I stuffed myself, I do feel guilty but our hosts were superb serving us shrimp omelets, fresh orange juice, Poffertjes (YUM!YUM!), rotti parathas (Asian speciality!), fresh fruit and anything you could ask for. Besides, Peter and Aziz are great company on the breakfast table!

In addition, if you've arrived with your bunch of LonelyPlanets, you might as well talk to Peter about your hit list. He will print maps or train times and give you suggestions based on your tourist temperament. We chatted each day about what our plan was and what we thought we wanted to do, thanks to Peter and Aziz, we made great decisions together. Peter and Aziz, we still dream of Delft - it was great to decide on that city to visit.

If the personal treatment is not enough, consider this - Suite 259 is right next door to the Vondelpark and 15 minute walk from the 3 major museums on your list. You can bike/run/walk in the park AM. There are plenty of hair salons (including Toni & Guy) and little restaurants + cafes around the B&B too in case you get bored of downtown.

Thanks to all the reviewers here who's advice let us to this little paradise!

Room Tip: See if you can get a chance to look at both rooms before booking the one you like. I recommend the G...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ZunairaD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My mum and I stayed in Suite 259 for 3 nights in May. Peter and Aziz are great hosts and we felt very welcome and looked after with their tips and advice about what to do and see and the lovely breakfasts (great pancakes!)! Peter gave us his card and said to call him any time if we needed help which was really nice. He also printed off details of things to do and train times and that, as well as having free wifi/computer in our room, made it really easy for us to make plans.We were given an unexpected, free upgrade to the two floored safari suite where we each had our own double bed and bathroom and a lovely decked patio with flowers/plants where we enjoyed a glass of the complimentary wine before heading out for the evenings! We found the location perfect, close by to the centre enough to be able to head back on the tram and change before going out for the night and VondelPark's really nice and just a couple of minutes walk away. We would go back and really recommend staying here. Thanks Peter and Aziz for being such great hosts : )

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at Suite 259 for a week in April. We loved being right next doors to Vondelpark and were able to hop over at a moment's notice to enjoy the sun or for a run. Peter and Aziz are wonderful hosts. We especially loved the generous breakfasts that Aziz would prepare for us each morning. They even took the trouble to ensure the flowers in our room were to my preference and fresh. Would recommend this place to any couple looking for comfort, space and a home away from home feeling!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Pound Ridge, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Peter and Aziz are fantastic hosts and made our Amsterdam stay simply sensational. We had every creature comfort imaginable in our apartment, and Aziz make the most extraordinary breakfasts. Peter is a wealth of information about all things Amsterdam, and his recommendations are worth listening to...he recommended an Indonesian restaurant and we went and had an usual and delicious experience---and one of the best meals of an entire two week trip!

Room Tip: With only 2 rooms, either one is fine, the Sahara Suite being a duplex with a large upstairs bedroom...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hamar, Norway
Reviewed 4 May 2014

My family and I stayed at Suite 259 and we really enjoyed our stay. Our kids loved coming back to this apartment after our day trips are over. They also loved the special attention given by Peter and Aziz. They even gave special attention to the birthday of my eldest daughter and gave her a cake.
We have travelled in other European cities and this place and the owner are really extraordinary. Peter and Aziz really made us feel at home and weel taken cared of.It was really home away from home. It's very seldom that one finds a warm and cozy place like this. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My wife and me love this place very much. The location is excellent: quite near the Vondelpark and the bus station. The room is well decorated. Peter and Aziz are so kind. Peter told us how to have fun in Amsterdam. Aziz cook many delicious Chinese food for us. We like the food very much. It is the best food I have eat in Europe. If you want to travel in Amsterdam, I strongly suggest to stay Suite 259.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 1 March 2014

We booked Suite 259 because of the experience of friends of ours a year earlier. Their positive experience was influential. It was also correct in every respect as Peter and Aziz provide a superior environment from which to enjoy the marvelous city of Amsterdam.

The major museums are with in walking distance, the trams can take you anywhere and your are able to enjoy because Suite 259 has provided a substantial and very high quality breakfast to send you on your way.

The room is absolutely clean and appointed with furniture that is welcoming and attractive. And the detail to your stay is illustrated by Peter asking before your arrival "what is your favorite flower?" and when you arrive that very flower is in your room!

We can't recommend Suite 259 highly enough.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple