“Homely,hearty hospitality!!”
Review of Suite 259

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Suite 259
Ranked #119 of 343 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 August 2006

Date: August 10,2006
Reviewer: Y.Sasaki, Tokyo Japan
First of all, I'd like to say "Thank you for wonderful hosts,Peter and Aziz. "
Suite Safari was very cozy. It’s well air-conditioned ( A few days while we were staying in Amsterdam were heat wave !) ,roomy and tasteful interior decoration.
Peter did what we asked, such as, he installed Japanese language software so that we can see Yahoo in Japanese with a computer in our room and lent us a mobile phone for free.
It was really helpful.
Breakfast which Aziz made for us was rich in variety and very delicious.
And he adiviced a good restaurant in the neighborhood.
When we left the suite, Aziz said to us" I don’t say good-bye, because I must see you again."
I hope I will see their homely and hearty hospitality again some day!

Stayed: July 2006

Reviewed 14 July 2006

My dad and I stayed at Suite 259 during the weekend of June 30, 2006. We arrived late (around midnight) as our plane was delayed two hours, but Peter (one of the owners) had already checked on the flight and was waiting for our arrival. I must say, my father is very hard to please, but we were both blown away by the accommodations at this bed and breakfast. The room was large and beautifully decorated and the service was impeccable, with a refrigerator stocked with drinks at no extra charge, a bottle of wine on arrival, and information on any site that we were interested in visiting. Peter and Aziz were delightful, and the conversations at breakfast alone were worth the stay. The food was the best we had during our visit to Amsterdam, with a new international dish each morning. Our every need was met and when we ran into slight problems (e.g. I was allergic to the down comforter), they were addressed immediately. I would recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone who is looking to be treated wonderfully and surrounded by beauty for a very reasonable cost.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank travelerme_615
Reviewed 2 July 2006

We based our decision soley on Tripadvisor and were not disappointed. We traveled with our 2 children and found the Grand Sahara suite to be like a comfortable, clean apartment. The beds and baths were excellent quality. Peter and Aziz were gracious hosts. We appreciated the drinks in the fridge and snacks (which our kids devoured and were replenished daily). The neighborhood is just outside the central district, an easy walk. We rented bikes for our 3 days and had a blast, with easy mobility just like the locals. The breakfasts were superb. They heard is was our anniversary and bought us a gourmet cake, personally inscribed. We had to leave at 5am our last day - Aziz packed our fridge with the breakfast of our choice and Peter woke up and made sure his friend was waiting with a cab. You can't go wrong.

Stayed: June 2006
A TripAdvisor Member
Göteborg
Reviewed 28 June 2006

Our stay at the Suite 259 was on of my best ever stays in a Hotel! The nice and airy rooms, the friendly welcome and the absolutely fantastic breakfasts! My friend and I really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to anyone going to Amsterdam. The rooms felt more like a small apartment with everything you could possible need to have a long morning in bed or a slow evening at home. They even have a movie library with over 700 titles (very impressive for a film freak like myself) of which you can borrow films and play in the DVD (also in the room of course). The host and chef make a great effort to make you feel welcome! Once again, try living at the Suite 259 if you want to leave Amsterdam with a very special felling inside...

• Stayed: April 2006
Reviewed 28 June 2006

We had a fabulous stay at Suite 259 in June on our way to and from Tanzania for a Safari. Aziz and Peter are wonderful hosts and provide terrific amenities in their suites. We had a coffee maker and a tea pot, cold bottled water, sodas and a welcome bottle of wine, chocolates and small bisquits and fruit for snacks. We enjoyed the in room internet service and the spacious comfortable atmosphere and fresh bouquets of flowers. We felt very special and very much enjoyed the delicious meals provided by Aziz to accomodate my special medical diet. Our hosts were very helpful with directions, restaurant reservations and taxi service. You can walk easily to see Amsterdam from the hotel and if you are weary at the end of the day, a tram runs right by the hotel for your return. I recommend this wonderful and luxurious B & B to everyone and would most certainly stay at Suite 259 again.

• Stayed: June 2005
Reviewed 27 June 2006

We had our first wonderful experience in Suite 259 in 2004. My boyfriend and I loved it so much, in 2006 we stayed again. The owners remembered us and really made us feel at home. They remembered little things we liked, such as the local cookies, and made sure we had them. Not only are the home made breakfasts a great way to start your day, you can rely on them to help provide you with suggestions and directions to things going on in the city. They really make you feel special. Alexandra and Jon. Orlando

• Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank Jeruvian
A TripAdvisor Member
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 21 June 2006

My wife and I spent time here on our way to a Safari in Africa and on the way home for a respite from the long flights. The accomodations were top notch and the customer care we received were the best. The personal help with my wife's special medical diet needs to the help with all aspects of our stay were beyond our expectations. The location was very good and we would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful spot to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2006