“More than perfect !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Suite 259

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Suite 259
Ranked #97 of 328 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Bucharest
“More than perfect !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2006

We have been accomodated in suite Safari for 4 nights.

To start with the conclusion, it was a perfect escape. We were amased of how kind Aziz was with us and to be honest, he fulfilled all our spoils (restaurant reservations, tonnes of movies, etc). He even came to help us at midnight. From this point of view, Aziz was the perfect host: always there when you need him, but not close when you need privacy.

The flowers were beautiful, the jacuzzi was so relaxing after a full walking day, all refreshments were free, as well as the fruits, the bottle of very good south-african wine, chocolates and other sweets.

We were pleasantly surprised of how nice the suite was decorated and fitted with everything you need (safe box, hair dryer, etc, even a first aid kit was in the cupboard.. :)

And the breakfast.. I used to say I cook good. Well, I don't say it anymore after Aziz prepared us various dishes (indian, chicken with lemon, traditional indonesian noodles or scrambled eggs with sea food). The food was absolutely amasing.

As far as I understood, we were the first Romanian people to visit Aziz and Peter's suites. The next day, we were pleasantly surprised to see Aziz knowing so many things about a little bit of everything: our history, politics, or local businesses in Amsterdam.

Because we were good kids :), we received various gifts everyday (transportation tickets, magnetic holders).

Aziz, we cooked the very next day the noodles that you gave us at departure. They went deliciously with chicken and italian wine :).

What can I say more: anywhere, and I mean anywhere me and my wife felt like this. We came home relaxed and full of positive energy. If we decide to return in Amsterdam, we will definitely come back at Suite 259!

PS: my wife misses the lazy cats..

• Liked — The perfect treatment and support received from the host
  • Disliked — There was no such thing!
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RaduG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2006

We (my mother, my sister and I) stayed 6 days at Suite Safari.
The room suited perfectly.
We received kind receptions from Peter & Aziz.
For example, we didn't know the way to a restaurant that we want to go. Peter searched for the restaurant. Not only that, he reserved a table and called a taxi.
Aziz made lovely breakfast every morning. Everything was delicious. We could start a day off with a good breakfast.
We'd like to go to Amsterdam to stay at Suite259 again.

Stayed November 2006
2 Thank NKAMT
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2006

I and my parents stayed suite 259, suite grand sahara, for 2 nights. It was absolutely wonderful experience, and we really wished we could have stayed longer.

Several points and reasons why suite 259 was so wonderful.

Room:
Soft drinks, fruits, chocolates, coffee&tea, a bottle of wine, and Japanese rise cake, all included in the service.
DVD player, boiling machine, coffee machine, and even microwave is equipped.
Jacuzzi (suite grand sahara), in bath room.
Beautifully decorated African-style room.
Two bathrooms and shower both up and down stairs.
I used foldable bed in down stairs, and it was so wide and comfortable. My parents also liked the king bed in up stairs very much.

Breakfast:
Aziz cooked excellent Singaporean style food, with fresh fruits. Usually my parents don't eat much in the morning, but this time it seemed to have been completely irresistible. I would say you can never expect such a quality food from B&B style accommodation except here.

Transport & Location
Just 100 meters away from Tram no.1 stop, and very easy access to city center and central station.
It is close to VanGogh museum and national museum. We also had a nice morning walk to Vondel park, just 5 minutes walking distance.

And no need to mention that Aziz was extremely friendly and helpful. (Peter was away when we were there)
We were so glad that he kindly gave us some small souvenirs and Dutch sweets.

Overall, I have no hesitation at all to choose suite 259 again for my next visit to Amsterdam, and will definitely stay longer. They really make you feel at home and comfortable, so that we even thought we had no need to go out for sight seeing!

• Liked — everything
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank nodonja
Budapest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2006

We only stayed four days at Suite 259, but we absolutely loved it.
From A to Z. We arrived in the morning, but it was no problem, and neither, that we travelled home in the late evening.
In Suite 259 the best is that you feel that everything is around you, Aziz and Peter (our hosts) take lots of care about you, and give you lots of surprizes.
Just for an example we got at least 100 flowers and lots of drinks and snacks for free.
It is very easy to find, and also near to the city centre. (10 mins walk)
What I loved the most were the breakfests of Azis. He did a really great job, and ittasted all great.
Aziz and Peter just did a great job from the first second we arrived to the one we departed home. It was just excellent!

• Liked — the careness
  • Disliked — that i had to leave
  • Stayed November 2006, travelled on business
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2006

We just returned from our trip to Amsterdam. We stayed at Suite259, an authentic Bed and Breakfast. Our hosts, Peter and Aziz, actually care about their clients and anticipated anything we might need. We were met at the airport as promised, settled in to a beautiful room filled with fruit, chocolates, drinks, coffee or tea, and a bottle of wine-all complementary. and 24 hour access to the internet--right in our room! Peter gave us lots of advice and joined us each morning to discuss our plans for the day, while we ate a truly gourmet breakfast prepared by Aziz.. Aziz lovingly cooked incredible omelettes, rice with chicken, dutch bread, espresso and other "surprises". Each breakfast was so different and delicious. My husband was recovering from knee surgery and Peter's advice was invaluable, as was the jacuzzi. If you want to stay at a unique, warm, conveniently located B&B look no further.
You will be happy you chose Suite259. Just check out the website-[--] The website doesn't even tell it all..
Questions? I loved this B & B so much that I'm giving you my email address which I never do:
rrkatz@ix.netcom.com.
Roberta, NY

1 Thank ItalyRocks
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2006

After having a difficult time booking accommodation for a family with three young children, we were very lucky to find that Suite 259 had a cancellation. Everything went to plan. We were greeted by Peter on the street, saving us a car park in his bright orange shirt. (there was a soccer game on that night). On entering our room, we knew we had the place we were looking for. A seperate room for the kids, and the luxury of 2 bathrooms, one with a spa. Our day started every morning with a delicious breakfast from Aziz, spectacular!! Every question was answered with an enthusiastic reply, even my washing was sent out and returned by the boys.
Would highly recommend to anyone travelling to Amsterdam to book early.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Organise cash for payment
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family
San Francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2006

We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary with a Rhine River cruise, preceded by five wonderful days in Amsterdam as guests of Suite 259. Some of the nicer touches: the anniversary cake, the fresh flowers, the delicious breakfasts, and arranging a personal guide to accompany us on a day trip to Delft and The Haig.

Suite 259 made us feel special. Treat yourself to the best!

• Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple