“Greatest Place in Amsterdam” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Suite 259

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Suite 259
Ranked #99 of 329 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Hybrid in Napoli
“Greatest Place in Amsterdam”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2007

Our stay here was WONDERFUL because of Peter and Aziz. It was more than just a place to sleep. From the moment we meet Peter, who helped us NOT get ripped off by a bad taxi driver, we were in great company. He was so helpful and welcoming from the very beginning that we felt as though we had found our long lost friends.
Every day at breakfast they would take time to sit and chat with us about anything and everything we had questions about. They helped us plan our days and evenings (this included things for our little son and things for the grown ups). Aziz made the most wonderful hearty breakfasts for 1 vegetarian and 1 meat lover AND one toddler! He is unstoppable in the kitchen -in fact my son prefers Aziz's pancakes to any other. There was always too much food and too much good conversation. They are fantastic and fascinating people!
As for the room, it was very well decorated and a lot of thought went into the amenities that they offer. Everything from chocolate, cookies, fruit, a safe box, hair dryer, coffee, tea, juice, water -was available. And we were welcomed with fantastic flowers and wine waiting for us in the room. This experience has been wonderful and we could not have asked for better -no hotel could top this.

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reykjavik
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2007

If you are looking for an absolutely beautiful quiet place with the friendliest service ever and excellent breakfast this it! I have stayed here for the last 4 years 1-2 times a year and it is always THE BEST. From the moment you arrive until you regrettedly leave this haven is just perfect. I can not find a single fault with this place. The absolutely wonderful hosts, Peter and Aziz, became our friends from the beginning. Also you have everything that you could want here, internet computer, fruits, sodas, wine, water, there´s even a jacuzzi! Both suites are really beautifully decorated, the beds and linnens are to die for. In short: I would not dream of staying anywhere else in Amsterdam! Only trouble is if too many people get to know about this place I might not be able to get a room here!

• Liked — Loving luxury at a fair price
  • Stayed March 2007, travelled on business
S.Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2007

Firstly i must apologise to Peter for taking so long to write my review, and secondly the horse has won for us!!
I used to live in Amsterdam and have visited on many occasions (staying in hotels, which frankly Holland is not renowened for) suite 259 is without doubt one of the premium destinations for travellers who enjoy good taste and refinement. The accomodation is first class, and the hospitality provided by Peter and Aziz is a refreshing change from the norm. The location is ideal, just outside the maelstrom but only a short tram ride away. Do not stay in bed until mid-day otherwise you will miss the much vaunted breakfasts, which do indeed deserve the praise they recieve. I cannot wait to return and have told all my friends that this is the place to stay. Give up on over priced bad hotels and splash out on a little bit of somthing different - you are guaranteed not to be disappointed.

Love Nicholas and Charlotte.

p.s We stayed in the Grand Sahara :)

• Liked — Its great taste!
  • Disliked — The stairs:)
  • Tips/Secrets — Talk to the owners they will impart lots of great information.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Caerleonboy
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2007

Suite 259 is the perfect place to spend a family holiday! We rented both units the week following Christmas, staying in the Grand Sahara while our daughter and son-in-law occupied the Safari room. Our host, Aziz, greeted us every morning with breakfasts ranging in cuisine from traditional eggs, to Indonesian noodles and Dutch pancakes. A perfect time to relax together, Aziz’s stories of Dutch life along with his expert advice on activities in Amsterdam became an essential and fun start to our day’s activities.

Comfortable, cozy and quirkily unique…our rooms reflected the wood carving skill and painting creativity of our hosts. Suite 259 is in a quieter part of the city where we could absorb a little of Amsterdam work life and family activities. An added benefit, a tram station is very short distance away, and we were anywhere in the city in a matter of minutes. In our home town of Chicago where service is often brusque or non-existent, Aziz, by comparison, has created an oasis of service where careful attention to detail combined with artistic surroundings pampers the visitor. Thank-you for a wonderful stay and for being part of our warm memories of Amsterdam!

• Liked — Interesting, comfortable rooms and great service
  • Disliked — stairs
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
1 Thank B&PChicago
Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2006

I can't find the words to accurately describe how wonderful staying at Suite 259 is. I stayed at Suite 259 for 3 nights with my sister and son who was 10 months old at the time. We stayed in the safari suite. The suite is tastefully decorated in a fun jungle motif. The bed I slept on (in the loft) is very comfortable, the jacuzzi bath (on the main floor) is wonder to soak in after taking in a day of the sights round town. The kitchen in the suite was stocked with chocolates, good coffee, coffee creamers, sodas, a variety of teas, tea cookies, fruits, and a bottle of red all complimentary. It was pretty amazing spread. The internet connection in our room was great. (It can be a real pain and waste of time to have to seek out a internet cafe while traveling.) The outdoor patio through the back door of the apartment was lovely with a beautiful view into a church court yard and gardens. Aziz and Peter also set up a pack n play crib for my son the loft area. (We asked in advance for one to be available.) A couple of the activities my sister and I wanted to do (like the red light tour) were not suitable for my 10 month old so we scouted the internet and found a babysitter, got her references, and spoke with her several via international calls and texts before arriving in Amsterdam. Once we arrived we found out that Aziz and Peter have a recommended babysit that the guest there often use. So if you find yourself in need of a babysitter save yourself the trouble. Ask Aziz and Peter if their housekeeper is available for the time and dates you need.

Peter was away during our stay so it was only Aziz there at the time. Though I understand it is usual a team effort to run the B&B Aziz did an exceptional job while solo. He recommended restaurants and helped us make dinner and tour reservations as well as booking taxi service for us. He mapped out routes for us to take the trams to the the market and recommended which market was best. He gave us a tram voucher so we didn't have to pay for the trams. And aside from all that wonderfulness he is also an spectacular chef. Each morning he made a delicious gourmet meal for us. We had a veal dish one morning and lemon chicken the next day. As we ate breakfast my son would start to get bored and complain Aziz would come over and play wit him a pick him up th walk around. It was wonderful to get to enjoy and finish my meals!! On our last day Aziz gave my sister an me a Amsterdam magnet and gave my son small stuff toy. He was just so sweet. We absolutely loved our stay and were beyond charmed by Aziz. I would and have recommended staying here to all my family and friends.

• Liked — The personal treatment
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled with family
2 Thank kimeve
Bucharest
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2006

We have been accomodated in suite Safari for 4 nights.

To start with the conclusion, it was a perfect escape. We were amased of how kind Aziz was with us and to be honest, he fulfilled all our spoils (restaurant reservations, tonnes of movies, etc). He even came to help us at midnight. From this point of view, Aziz was the perfect host: always there when you need him, but not close when you need privacy.

The flowers were beautiful, the jacuzzi was so relaxing after a full walking day, all refreshments were free, as well as the fruits, the bottle of very good south-african wine, chocolates and other sweets.

We were pleasantly surprised of how nice the suite was decorated and fitted with everything you need (safe box, hair dryer, etc, even a first aid kit was in the cupboard.. :)

And the breakfast.. I used to say I cook good. Well, I don't say it anymore after Aziz prepared us various dishes (indian, chicken with lemon, traditional indonesian noodles or scrambled eggs with sea food). The food was absolutely amasing.

As far as I understood, we were the first Romanian people to visit Aziz and Peter's suites. The next day, we were pleasantly surprised to see Aziz knowing so many things about a little bit of everything: our history, politics, or local businesses in Amsterdam.

Because we were good kids :), we received various gifts everyday (transportation tickets, magnetic holders).

Aziz, we cooked the very next day the noodles that you gave us at departure. They went deliciously with chicken and italian wine :).

What can I say more: anywhere, and I mean anywhere me and my wife felt like this. We came home relaxed and full of positive energy. If we decide to return in Amsterdam, we will definitely come back at Suite 259!

PS: my wife misses the lazy cats..

• Liked — The perfect treatment and support received from the host
  • Disliked — There was no such thing!
  • Stayed December 2006, travelled as a couple
2 Thank RaduG
Tokyo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2006

We (my mother, my sister and I) stayed 6 days at Suite Safari.
The room suited perfectly.
We received kind receptions from Peter & Aziz.
For example, we didn't know the way to a restaurant that we want to go. Peter searched for the restaurant. Not only that, he reserved a table and called a taxi.
Aziz made lovely breakfast every morning. Everything was delicious. We could start a day off with a good breakfast.
We'd like to go to Amsterdam to stay at Suite259 again.

Stayed November 2006