Stayed in Feb 14 in the lower room.
What I like about the B&B:
1) the location of the B&B is very central and convenient (5 - 7 min walk from Amsterdam Central Station, walking distance to RDL, Damrak, etc.). There are restaurants, pizzeria, mini-marts in near the B&B, so finding food isn't an issue.
2) there is a self service kitchen which is open for 24 hrs. You can make your own breakfast and meals.
3) Cess is helpful with the itinerary and recommendations for food in Amsterdam.
What I don't like about the B&B:
1) The heater will sound when I switch on the bathroom light, and it will ring for about 5 min or so.
2) This room has low ceiling. I personally prefer room with high ceiling.
3) We didn't see mouse in the room but my husband saw a mouse on his way up to the kitchen.
4) We find the room dusty, despite the fact that we never open the windows. We can see the dust on the side tables and side lamps.
5) The shower head needs some cleaning / to be changed.
This B&B is located at where the some of action is, so do be prepared to see sex shop opposite, coffee shop, mushroom shops around the corner. Though the windows are double layer, sometimes the crowd below can be a little bit too enthusiastic on a Friday night. Just to note that our "double" bed is made up of 2 single beds.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and breakfast rooms and apartments in the city center at 5 minutes walking distance from the central station. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Amsterdam Central b&b
- Amsterdam Central Hotel Amsterdam