Hotel Old Quarter
US$412
  • Room Service
US$157
US$147
WestCord Fashion Hotel Amsterdam(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$254
US$168
  • Pool
US$387
US$299
US$290
NH Hotels
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$91
US$295
US$240
  • Restaurant
Ibis Amsterdam Centre Stopera(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
US$263
US$248
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$94
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe red light districtcanal viewperfect locationminutes walk from centralprivate bathroomtrain stationhotel barbar downstairstop floorwet roomdam squareamsterdam centraalrooms are smallredlightcafes
Reviewed 1 April 2008

I was slightly put off when I read some of the reviews here, however I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

Stopped here at the end of March for a stag do.

Its cheap & cheerful but with a great location - for £30 a night you couldn't go far wrong.

The shared bathroom wasn't too much of a problem, the shower clean but not very powerful & went cold if anyone in adjoining rooms turned on the hot tap.

Rooms very small & in need of a coat of paint & beds small & in my case, toe to toe.

Stairs were in parts very steep - not suitable for the less able.

Breakfast poor - 2 eggs, 2 slices of bacon, toast & coffee, however you could upgrade for a pretty low price to a full English.

Staff friendly & chatty & couldn't do enough to make us comfortable.

Ideal hotel for young people looking for a cheap weekend away - however Amsterdam itself if far from cheap - beer in some places 7euros a pint - so if you are looking for somewhere cheap to drink, Amsterdam isn't the place.

If I was coming as part of a couple I probably wouldn't stay here again - if I was coming for another lads weekend away, I probably would.

Don't expect 5 star & think about the price - you get what you pay for - lets face it, if you come to Amsterdam you are unlikely to spend long in your room - you'll be out & about having a good time. I think maybe some expected too much judging from some of the reviews here.

• Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 25 March 2008

I agreed a price from the internet over the phone for 75 euros and they didn't send me any confirmation of the price. When I turned up they claimed that we had agreed a price for 95!!! If I had of known I could get a room across the street for 60 euro I wouldn't have stayed. They weren't very helpful in trying to sort it out either.

Tinyiest room i have stayed in, bed weren't made any of the 5 nights I was there. Shower was ok tho.

I wont be back and wouldn't recommend it, there are better hotels out there folks, keep looking!!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank philip_doherty
Reviewed 7 March 2008

nothing like photos on the internet. rooms small dinghy,not very clean. extremely basic. we were a party of 5 women and 1 of the group had a single roomwith 2 single beds in it and this had been classed as an upgrade as there was confusion when we arrived over the booking. room 39 3rd floor.if this was the upgrade god knows what the single room would have been like. 1 of the single beds nearest the door had been made up and the sheets were clean, however, when she pulled the bedclothes back to get into bed she was mortified to find that the mattress was sodden with pee. it seemed a coincidence but the following day in a side street 10 yards from the hotels front door was a filthy mattress on the pavement. staff were pleasent and food was ok but rooms were awful.location good wouldnt stay there ever again.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 3 March 2008

Good location in the red light district, a short walk from central station. Staff were friendly. Fantastic view from hotel room of dock area and of the Damrak.
Slightly dissapointed that you have to book for a minimum of 3 nights at weekends, but most hotels in Amsterdam are adopting this idea now. Would of been nice if this was explained on their website though.

Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 29 December 2007

This hotel was OK - great location - close to Dam Square and Red Light District-superb view from our room. The Staff were brilliant - very friendly and spoke good english - they also provided us with any info we required. The room was very clean and had good heating - it also had a working TV and phone. Fresh towels daily and a nice bathroom. Its also a very safe place as you are buzzed in to access the rooms.

Now the negative bits - the beds were so small it was disgusting - not even a midget would have managed to fit in the bed. I was scared to fall asleep as with one slight movement - then THIUD - id have been lying on the floor - it was like a bed out of a prison cell - the bed was even slanted so it was possible to roll off if you were not careful - i truly belive that lying in a bed of nails would have been comfier. Christ now let me tell u about the pillows - it was as if someone had battered a sheep to death and wrapped it in a case and then thrown it onto the bed - honestly i felt bits of leg poking me in the neck and some kind of hard thing finding its way down my ear canal - it was horrific - if there was a competition out there for the worst pillow in the world then this pillow would have won with flying colours - let me tell you - if there was a word beyond hideous then thats how i would describe the pillow - seriously there were patches of wool rolled up - some smooth and some hard - u will have to see for yourself to understand what im talking about - the pillow was a square - be WARNED!

if this hotel had good beds and good pillows then it would be perfect for budget travelers. I hope this review helped - good luck.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)