“Overpriced”

Ranked #214 of 364 Hotels in Amsterdam
Burlington, Vermont
“Overpriced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is very centrally located near the train station in a very busy area. The hotel was clean and adequate with very helpful men at the front desk. Compared to others I've stayed at in Amsterdam it was grossly overpriced for a very basic, very small room with an unpleasant woman at reception. Although the room was prepaid the unpleasant woman at reception tried to get us to pay again saying the reservation may have been cancelled. It wasn't!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank marilyn243

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2014

The people working there are definitely bunch of unprofessionals and have no truth or consistency in what they say or do. These guys wrote to me less than a week for my C/In that an authorisation on my card is required which will be released 10 days before our arrival. So we told them that since we do not have 10days left for our C/In, it makes no sense to charge an authorisation. They agreed to it and informed me that they will hold the room until “2pm only” post which they will release it. Well, my confirmation stated that it is a confirmed booking,I do not need to pay any deposit in advance and that I have free cancellation.So I tell them to make sure that my room is held until my arrival and not until 2pm.

Well the next mail I get is that they have cancelled my reservation. Such unprofessionals! Can you believe what is their explanation? They said that it is “their” mistake and that authorisations are released 10 days “after” arrival. So they cancelled my booking. Hence, know that if it is their mistake - your booking will be screwed up.I totally agree and am not surprised at all with the other reviewer, who mentioned that his deposit has not been paid back by the hotel.

Also know that you cannot trust these guys with what they say and what they do. Honestly I am so happy that I didn’t stay there, coz first, I do not want to stay in a place where such kind of people work and second, when I actually saw the place where the hotel is located, I felt relieved that it happened and they cancelled my booking. It was a blessing in disguise.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Priyanka M

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here over Easter weekend! The hotel was very easy to find once we left central station. A short walk across the road (located opposite the large bicycle park). Staff were pleasant and kept our luggage as we had arrived before our room was ready. Rooms are small but that didn't matter much as we didn't plan on spending much time there! Hotel was also clean! Breakfast consisted of an normal European breakfast, with lots of fruit, bread, ham and cheese! We were also treated with mini Easter eggs which was nice! Hotel is in a great location, The city tour bus leaves from a location 2 minutes from the hotel and the red light light district is only a 5 min MAX walk. Would definetly consider this hotel in future and would recommend! *Beware of steep stairs! As is in all buildings in Amsterdam!

Room Tip: Rooms can get very warm! Air conditioning is noisey but needed!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

been at the hotel for four days ,the location is absolutely traffic, across the central station and close to Damrak (one of Amsterdam's main streets) and Dam square (minutes by walk).

The stuff was friendly and helpful, my room was comfortable and clean (with free Wifi) and breakfast was also very good.

Overall, great value for money in my opinion, i'll come there again for my next visit in Amsterdam.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

A group of 12 of us stayed here for four nights. Hotel was clean, staff friendly and helpful. I was billeted in a three bedded room with two friends. Room felt a little cramped, only one wardrobe for all of us! Fortunately we are used to living out of a case and managed. Bathroom clean and fully working, basic facilities provided. Breakfast included, standard continental plus sausage, bacon and scrambled egg. Very tasty and plentiful. For the price we were very pleased. Would stay again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Unionjack64
Glasgow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here in February of this year - the rooms are nice, staff are friendly and the location is perfect.

Unfortunately, what was a very pleasant stay has turned into disappointment as nearly two months on, the hotel has failed to refund us an £80 deposit that was taken from my girlfriend's bank account just after we booked and before we arrived. We were charged the full amount on arrival, not taking the deposit into account, and the member of staff advised that we would have the deposit refunded after we checked out.

It wasn't, and several emails later where they claim it was sent back, it hasn't been. My g/f has checked with her bank both on the phone and in person and the money is nowhere to be seen.

It's a total waste, great hotel but sadly can't be trusted to manage your payments properly - to take a deposit, then the full amount and 2 months on still not refund the wrongly taken amount is as bad as theft to me.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stewart M
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We had a great experience during four nights. The location is awsone! You have many places nearby (Centraal Station, many places to rent a bike, supermarket, cofeeshops, comercial street...).

The hotel staff was very helpful with our requests in order to know the city. Moreover, the breakfast was tasty and complete, with fruits, cereals, bacon, eggs, marmalade, chocolate, coffee, jam, cheese, bread, milk... we liked very much.

Our triple room was very correct and clean, we had enough space in order to stay confortable. The bathroom was clean as well, shower has a good hot water and we never felt cold (March). Staff cleaned our room every day.

The only negative thing for me is that our beds and pillows were a too soft and sometimes it was a little bit unconfortable to sleep.

Totally advisable!

Room Tip: Room view to Centraal Station is very beatiful, despite is a main street, you will rest so good.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends