Hotel Seven one Seven
US$142
US$307
US$249
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Couture(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$142
US$364
US$281
Hotel Estherea(Amsterdam)
US$461
US$333
  • Room Service
Mercure Hotel Amsterdam City(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$203
US$153
  • Restaurant
XO Hotels Park West(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$131
  • Restaurant
Hotel De Hallen(Amsterdam)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$149
  • Restaurant
All reviewspicasso suiteprinsengracht canalboutique hotelno elevatorhome from homeliving roomlovely hotelnine streetsperfect locationcentral amsterdamtram stopanne frank housetolkienluxurytownhousecomfortstairs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I stayed here with my boyfriend for three nights in late December. The location is perfect - the canal district is very central meaning you can walk everywhere, but quiet leading to a good nights sleep. The hotel feels more like an incredible home than a hotel. The decor is stunning. We stayed in the Mahler room - big room with a lovely big bathroom. Great restaurant recommendations from the staff. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 16 December 2013

It was back in 2012 that we stayed at this stunning hotel. But we had booked a junior suite with booking.com and our room as classed by the hotel was a deluxe room, much smaller and not as nice. Our deluxe room was amazing, but we had booked and paid for a junior suite, (the difference was clear as all rooms are named on the website stating which were deluxe and junior suites) we spoke to the man on reception and then he passed us on to the hotel manager. They refused to accept the difference, and blamed booking.com. After several emails to both parties, neither claimed that they were in the wrong both blaming each other. Fora very expensive hotel, I found it distressing that they were arguing with me. (Not what I expect for such 'an exclusive hotel'. ) I haven't long joined trip advisor and that it why the review has taken so long. Would I return? No.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Seven_one_Seven, General Manager at Hotel Seven one Seven, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank for you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor.

We highly value the opinion of our guests and therefore are sorry to hear of your dissafaction when staying at Hotel Seven one Seven in 2012.

Please let us know when you are planning a to visit Amsterdam in the nearby future.

Reviewed 13 December 2013

Small and typical Amsterdam Townhouse on the charming Prinsengracht, whith an amazing interior design full of antiquities and art pieces - in every room! Very elegant but in the same time very cosy. The service its outstanding friendly. My stay in SChubert Suite was outstanding and I will definitely come back. A place to stay in Amsterdam!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The narrow, but high, house is full of antiques and artifacts. The style is cluttered high end chic. The suites are well appointed, a reasonable size (but our WC was uncomfortably small) and beautifully furnished. Breakfast was set, but plentiful and served in attractive suroundings. In winter the house was always warm. I understand why keys have to be handed in before one leaves the house (these are old doors, old locks and would be impossibkle to replace), but it is odd and relies on the door always being 'manned' - which, I have to say, it almost always was. The outstanding attribute for me was the staff - a group of, mostly, young men who were unfailingly courteous, attentive and keen to make sure everything worked and was well for you. Be it afternoon tea, booking restaurants, offering umbrelas or just chatting, they are to be commended for making their clients feel welcome. The location is ideal for a walk to the museums in one direction and the town centre in the other.

Room Tip: If you want a view of the canals do not choose the Frans Liszt suite. It is in the basement with eye to street level views - but since there is no street there is no view. I do think this should be mentioned on their web site. The suite is, however, beautifully quiet at night.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My wife and I have stayed at Hotel 717 twice now and we absolutely love it! Charming and warm, perfectly located and the staff is always awesome.
Our favorite room is the Schubert and we will definitely be back.
See you again Amsterdam!