“bad hotel, service and rats”
Review of Season Star Hotel

Season Star Hotel
Ranked #366 of 373 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 29 March 2011

the hotel looks ok in reseption. but my room was not cleaned, old and dirty.
i got sick on my trip in amsterdam because of the dirty room.
in the night there was a mouse/rat in our room running around eating
on plastic bags. they wouldnt give us any money back.
stay far far away from this hotel. i dont understand where they
get 3 stars from.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jallaballa096

Reviewed 16 March 2011

The fire alarm was hanging from the ceiling with exposed wires, which had been covered with a plastic bag. There was a thick layer of dust on the outskirts of the room. There was mould in the air vent in the bathroom above the shower and the hotel was filthy. When the staff where approached regards our concerns they totally dismissed and ignored our comments.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 February 2010

do not stay here.for the same price you can stay at a much better hotel. do not unless you dont want any sleep.it is very noisy .they wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars to change rooms.their was mouse poop all over my room.tons of it.my whole stay the owners and most staff were very rude,they lie about everything.my room was covered in mouse poop and a big fat mouse running around with me in the room looking at it.i tell the staff and i am told i am making it up and its my imagination .there is no wifi
internet .they are lying .they told me all kinds of lies.like it comes and goes!!!well it never came ...also the breakfast was so bad.... i kinda ate it once.i was finally changed rooms and it was not much better .the shower wets the whole room i mean floods it .it is just a shower head in the middle of the bathroom not contained in anything....i have traveled all over the world and this place is the worst hotel i have ever stayed at.i even had a -do not disturb -sign on my door and at 7:00am the owners kid walks into my room and gives me fresh towels he knocked as he was throwing the door open.i called visa they said that they could not refund my money. i was very polite and calm whenever complaining.or asking about the internet and stuff .i have been to amsterdam 3 times . i have noticed that you have to be extra careful when choosing a hotel in amsterdam .i thought i would be okay here because of the pictures and it being 3stars WAS I EVER WRONG .i stayed at a hostel once and it was 100000000 times better then this place .if you go to amsterdam go upscale in this town it makes all the difference . i stayed at a 3 star golden tulip for a week.it was cheaper then season star by hundreds... the breakfast was awesome ,the staff was nice. front desk was was so helpful to every last person.but yup thats another review.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank aroundtheworld24088
Reviewed 16 October 2009

We booked 3 rooms for a weekend trip at the Season Star hotel in Amsterdam. First, we saw the impressive website. This was one big reason why we booked this hotel... thinking we can't go wrong with a three star hotel.

Then we arrived. OMG! The staff was stupid and completely incompetent for their job. When we checked in, only some of us got a key card for the rooms. The others had to ask the staff each time they wanted to get in their room. The elevator does definitely not comply with any European standard, so we decided to use the stairs because we are not suicidal. Later we saw the staff use the elevator to transport the garbage.

The first time we entered the room, there was luggage from another hotel guest left in it. The room was not cleaned... there were dirty socks hanging in the open window (see pictures) and the bedding was not washed after the previous guest had left. It was supposed to be white, but actually it was grey and there was hair on it. A second window was so dirty that we could hardly see through it. Also, the wall beside the bed was covered with mildew (see picture) ... risk to health. Most power sockets were unsafe because the lines were wildly hanging around (see picture). The only safe looking socket was not usable because in the right connector was a broken plug.

The "shower" was also full of mildew and in two of the rooms, the toilet was separated to the sleeping room only by a see-through saloon door. We had no soap and only half a roll of toilet paper.

We tried talking to the staff because we wanted at least a discount. The receptionist was not willed to give a discount and also didn't let us talk to the hotel manager.

The breakfast was rationed and disgusting. After first tasting it we decided to take breakfast elsewhere. By the way, the tables where the guests ate were used as a sleeping place by the night concierge.

Long story short: DON'T GO THERE... you could better sleep on a bank in a park.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I don't think I have ever stayed in a worse hotel, it was shocking. I only stayed there because my normal hotel was full and there was nowhere else to stay due to a conference being on.

The room was small, very damp, dirty and generally unpleasant. When I arrived the window was open even though it wasn't a very warm day. I found out why after I closed it as the smell of damp was horrible - I quickly opened the window again!

The curtains didn't pull together, and there was a table in front of the window so the curtains rested on it. One door of the wardrobe didn't open because there was a table in front of it. There were 2 small wooden chairs in the room to sit on and the shower was dirty and broken with the shower curtain old and unclean.

I didn't bother with breakfast which was served in the reception area as I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Don't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
3  Thank HarrowALondon_UK
Reviewed 6 August 2009

This hotel Is brilliantly located and the staff were very helpful, as my boyfriend wasnt feeling well when we arrived and so the woman at the reception let us into our room two hours early. They cleaned the room when they said they were going to, which doesnt always happen in hotels. The room was quite roomy and was not cramped. The only complaint I would have is that the breakfast was not up to much but when I go back on a girls weekend away we will be using this hotel again

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2009

The hotel pictures on website give a distorted image of the hotel.The rooms are relly very small and most of all dirty.The cleaning service is very poor and never change bed linenI stayed 1 week!!).The carpets dirty and all the furnitures...Be aware!I will never come back in this hotel.The only positive was the receptionists assistance:they always ask for excusing...

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple