“Dirties Hotel Ever !”

Ranked #361 of 366 Hotels in Amsterdam
London, United Kingdom
“Dirties Hotel Ever !”
Reviewed 21 July 2011

What can I say ? only that I am glad I only had to stay one night, it was awful, I still have bites on my face, discusting the bed must have had bed bugs, even though I checked. The bathroom had obviously not been cleaned, I had to ask at reception to get someone to clean it and then had to wait half an hour to use the loo. We didnt even both to stay for breakfast god knows what the kitchen was like ?? Even tho it is in a good location it really was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in, STAY AWAY !

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank slfry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
london
Reviewed 19 July 2011

This hotel is easily the worst hotel i've ever stayed in, I honestly didnt think hotels could be that bad!!! I shared a room with my mum and my aunt and uncle were in the room upstairs, luckily we hardly spent anytime in the room at all. As soon as we got in, we knew it would be bad. The lift is miniture, mega slow and makes loud groany noises. The lady on th desk was very friendly but the guy later on was sat, feet up on the stool no shoes, playing games on his laptop. Not the biggest problem but still. The bathroom clearly hadnt even been cleaned, there were still curly wurlys on the toilet seat...mmm nice!! We got the cleaner to come and reclean it!! We didnt even shower in there because the bottom of the shower and shower curtain were literally covered in mould!! Normally we take toiletries with us but the one time we both relyed on the other one to take stuff was the one time we got stuck in a hotel that didnt even have soap!! The carpet felt like it was covered in weird grease or something. The bed, in fairness was comfortable, but grossly old and unclean and I woke up with bites on my neck and hands, obviously from the pillows!! We could hear people in the next room, above and below! The side table was covered in white powder :S Everything in the room was broken, old and gross!! And the room was sooo small. To go on along with the broken curtain rail, window that wouldnt shut, only to look out to 3 grotty old buildings which were peoples homes. In the morning we had a lovely wakeup call to somebody walking into our 'locked' room and quickly walking back out again!! Followed by a phone call from the man at the desk at 10am simply saying 'Time to get out' hmmmm So stay the hell away from this rank hotel!!!!!!

Room Tip: Simply, Do not stay in this hotel!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank cindas_m

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 25 May 2011

Paid 262€ for a dirty, uncomfortable and small room.
Tv not working, shower broken.

Really unpleasant experience.
I don't understand how an hotel like the can be a 3 stars.

• Stayed May 2011
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I stayed at the Season star for 4 nights with 3 friends. We paid an average £130 each for the whole stay. I cannot rate the location of this hotel highly enough, perfect walking distance to most places, didn't use a tram once. Right next to the central train station, which was perfect and we didn't get lost (amazingly). The hotel stairs are a bit scary, but there is a lift. The room was topped up with fresh towels and toilet paper and the beds made each day. Basic but good breakfast each morning. Lovely, friendly staff. Comfortable beds, not too cold or hot. The bathroom flooded a little after a shower but to be honest it really didn't matter. I don't understand all the bad reviews, at that sort of price what do you expect? I was 100% satisfied with my stay at the season star and will definitely recommend it to friends and stay there again. So if you're looking for somewhere with an amazing location (bars, coffee shops, restaraunts, museums) no frills and inexpensive, the season star really is a great choice.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 29 March 2011

the hotel looks ok in reseption. but my room was not cleaned, old and dirty.
i got sick on my trip in amsterdam because of the dirty room.
in the night there was a mouse/rat in our room running around eating
on plastic bags. they wouldnt give us any money back.
stay far far away from this hotel. i dont understand where they
get 3 stars from.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank jallaballa096
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2011

The fire alarm was hanging from the ceiling with exposed wires, which had been covered with a plastic bag. There was a thick layer of dust on the outskirts of the room. There was mould in the air vent in the bathroom above the shower and the hotel was filthy. When the staff where approached regards our concerns they totally dismissed and ignored our comments.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
montreal
Reviewed 10 February 2010

do not stay here.for the same price you can stay at a much better hotel. do not unless you dont want any sleep.it is very noisy .they wanted to charge me hundreds of dollars to change rooms.their was mouse poop all over my room.tons of it.my whole stay the owners and most staff were very rude,they lie about everything.my room was covered in mouse poop and a big fat mouse running around with me in the room looking at it.i tell the staff and i am told i am making it up and its my imagination .there is no wifi
internet .they are lying .they told me all kinds of lies.like it comes and goes!!!well it never came ...also the breakfast was so bad.... i kinda ate it once.i was finally changed rooms and it was not much better .the shower wets the whole room i mean floods it .it is just a shower head in the middle of the bathroom not contained in anything....i have traveled all over the world and this place is the worst hotel i have ever stayed at.i even had a -do not disturb -sign on my door and at 7:00am the owners kid walks into my room and gives me fresh towels he knocked as he was throwing the door open.i called visa they said that they could not refund my money. i was very polite and calm whenever complaining.or asking about the internet and stuff .i have been to amsterdam 3 times . i have noticed that you have to be extra careful when choosing a hotel in amsterdam .i thought i would be okay here because of the pictures and it being 3stars WAS I EVER WRONG .i stayed at a hostel once and it was 100000000 times better then this place .if you go to amsterdam go upscale in this town it makes all the difference . i stayed at a 3 star golden tulip for a week.it was cheaper then season star by hundreds... the breakfast was awesome ,the staff was nice. front desk was was so helpful to every last person.but yup thats another review.

• Stayed October 2007, travelled solo