“Had rat inside the rooms” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Season Star Hotel

Season Star Hotel
Ranked #358 of 362 Hotels in Amsterdam
Singapore, Singapore
“Had rat inside the rooms”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

My friends and I wanted to had a place near the train station and hope not to move again as this is the last two nights of our holidays in Europe. However, once we checked in the hotel, the hotel room was not as clean as a three star hotel should be.

And guess what, the room in second floor had rats inside the room, the rats ate our chocolate and stroopwafels, when we informed the staff in front-desk the next morning, she told us this foods are attracting the rats, and this area have lots of rats. I told her then why no one inform us or any noticed that warn the guests about this issue, she just said she is sorry and they wont make any compensation for our losses. I had been travel for so many years and had never stay in a hotel with rats inside the room, and the room is at the 2nd floor,...... they only agreed to change another room for the 2nd night after requested by us,....

We requested to see the owner who suppose to come in later, but we guess he do not dare to face us so we didn't manage to meet him and ask for further explanation or compensation,...

You may stay in this hotel if you want some rats to company you at night !!!! or hide inside your luggage and follow you home,...

Room Tip: If possible go look for other hotel,....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cheng M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2011

I needed somewhere to stay in Amsterdam for one night because the Hostels were full. I walked though the front door and the reception area looked good so I enquired to the price and secured a room. I paid 70 Euros.

When I saw the room I noticed that the room clearly had a damp problem and had'nt been cleaned fo some time. The shower room had mould all over the ceiling and the wall paper in the room had marks all over it and was beginning to peel. In the end I decided that it would be more hygenic for me not to shower there as although the towels in the bathroom looked clean I did not wish to chance it.

I slept fuly clothed for as short as time I could manage and checked out at the first opportunity in the morning. I am not bothered by facilities as all I want is a clean well maintaned room/bed which I got at a hostel the morning after for nearly half the price of this dump.

Room Tip: Don't bother it aint worth it!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JonnyT225

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

Brisbane, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2011

We where charged nearly 300 euro a night due to a conference in Amsterdam at the time. I still cant believe that they felt ok about charging that price for a disgusting, dirty, bug invested room!! We had just completed 4 weeks backpacking in Europe and this was the worst place every.. We had a leaking shower and basin which made the carpet damp and awful smell, the fire alarm was hanging from the roof with wires everywhere, the room was dusty and the hotel staff where not helpful at all. If we could have moved we would have, I would not recomend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

Had 6 nights of misery at this hotel because rest of town fully booked due to conference. Changed rooms twice in first hour for various reasons but mainly as carpet in the first room was soaked because it had rained all day!! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact, strongly advise you do not stay here under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

The Season Star was adequate for our one night stay. The guy running the place wasn't exactly personable, but he wasn't rude either. Our room itself was clean, but the shower curtain was dirty and the drain looked like it hadn't been cleaned in forever. The room was small, but otherwise fine for what we paid. The free continental breakfast was pretty unimpressive, and the coffee was horrible instant stuff. The location was great though. Basically, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Amazing. Just amazing. It is so hard to find the words to describe this sensational experience. So. You walk into the lobby. It's INSANE. It's just breathtaking. There is a tiny statue of a crystal ship in the corner which reminded me of a song by the same name by the epic band The Doors (a coffee shop themed on this band is just around the corner). Our smoke detectors were already covered for us when we arrived ;). Granted, there was no breakfast service, but who needs breakfast service when you're living NEXT TO a delicious soup kitchen and the EXQUISIT dutch pancake house?! The elevator was comically slow, adding to the charm of this unique hotel. The floors were smothered with plush bourdeaux carpeting. The room itself was spacious , splendid and the beds were sensational. Ahh, the duvets and the pillows! What a dream. The bathroom had a relaxing bathtub and the showerhead massaged your scalp with a tender fortitude of incomparable tenor. The towels were like fluffy clouds. The view from our window was just so beautiful; rays of sunlight would filter in through the semi closed blinds in the morning, soothingly bathing our faces in a tranquil golden glow, awakening us at the start of each beautiful day. The location. Ohh, the location. Its awesomeness was unfathomable. Coffeeshops EVERYWHERE, as far as the eye could see. We were also convienently close to the station. The managment had a refreshingly relaxed guest policy; the receptionist even befriended our chinese guest, Bobby. Additionally, the internet works EVERYWHERE, and I do mean everywhere, even on the toilet seat. Its velocity was stunning.
Hope you get the picture. SEASON STAR HOTEL FOR LIFE!
Enjoy your stay.
(WE DID!!!!!!!!!!!)

Room Tip: Room 127 is the best, but don't be too sure, we can't remember too well ;) Get a room for tw...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Sonia S
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

What can I say ? only that I am glad I only had to stay one night, it was awful, I still have bites on my face, discusting the bed must have had bed bugs, even though I checked. The bathroom had obviously not been cleaned, I had to ask at reception to get someone to clean it and then had to wait half an hour to use the loo. We didnt even both to stay for breakfast god knows what the kitchen was like ?? Even tho it is in a good location it really was the dirtiest hotel I have ever stayed in, STAY AWAY !

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family