“Cheap, well located and budget”
Review of Season Star Hotel

Season Star Hotel
Ranked #360 of 367 Hotels in Amsterdam
Trondheim, Norway
“Cheap, well located and budget”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel was very cheap, and well located. It is located just by the sentral station in Amsterdam, and the reseption was open 24/7. Friendly staff, who helped us book a resturant over the phone and etc. Nice big light rooms, we stayed as a couple for 5 nights. We had our own barthroom with bathtub and shower and WC. The room was cleaned before our stay, but it was a carpet floor, so staines from previous guests were ofcourse there. The bathroom was clean, we got new towels every second day. It was a bit noisy from the main road passing the room by, but it got more quiet in the night, and we slept trough it all. Breakfast was served in the lobby/reseption area, where you could get tea/coffie, juice and bread with jam or toast etc. The breakfast was included in the prise, and was til 10 am in the morning.

Over all it is one of the most pleasent stayes I've had in Amsterdam.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank N0rway19

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Czech first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here with my work colleagues. The reviews made me really expect the worst from this hotel, however it was not too bad and the rooms were reasonable (I shared the triple room). They weren't dirty or smelly or anything else that has been mentioned, they were just in need of a revamp and for the price of the room I would stay here again. The hotel is right next to Amsterdam central station and within walking distance of all the sights so if you are looking for location then this is a good budget choice. Just don't expect too much and you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sophia F
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My friends and I wanted to had a place near the train station and hope not to move again as this is the last two nights of our holidays in Europe. However, once we checked in the hotel, the hotel room was not as clean as a three star hotel should be.

And guess what, the room in second floor had rats inside the room, the rats ate our chocolate and stroopwafels, when we informed the staff in front-desk the next morning, she told us this foods are attracting the rats, and this area have lots of rats. I told her then why no one inform us or any noticed that warn the guests about this issue, she just said she is sorry and they wont make any compensation for our losses. I had been travel for so many years and had never stay in a hotel with rats inside the room, and the room is at the 2nd floor,...... they only agreed to change another room for the 2nd night after requested by us,....

We requested to see the owner who suppose to come in later, but we guess he do not dare to face us so we didn't manage to meet him and ask for further explanation or compensation,...

You may stay in this hotel if you want some rats to company you at night !!!! or hide inside your luggage and follow you home,...

Room Tip: If possible go look for other hotel,....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Cheng M

Travellers are raving about these Amsterdam hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I needed somewhere to stay in Amsterdam for one night because the Hostels were full. I walked though the front door and the reception area looked good so I enquired to the price and secured a room. I paid 70 Euros.

When I saw the room I noticed that the room clearly had a damp problem and had'nt been cleaned fo some time. The shower room had mould all over the ceiling and the wall paper in the room had marks all over it and was beginning to peel. In the end I decided that it would be more hygenic for me not to shower there as although the towels in the bathroom looked clean I did not wish to chance it.

I slept fuly clothed for as short as time I could manage and checked out at the first opportunity in the morning. I am not bothered by facilities as all I want is a clean well maintaned room/bed which I got at a hostel the morning after for nearly half the price of this dump.

Room Tip: Don't bother it aint worth it!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank JonnyT225
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We where charged nearly 300 euro a night due to a conference in Amsterdam at the time. I still cant believe that they felt ok about charging that price for a disgusting, dirty, bug invested room!! We had just completed 4 weeks backpacking in Europe and this was the worst place every.. We had a leaking shower and basin which made the carpet damp and awful smell, the fire alarm was hanging from the roof with wires everywhere, the room was dusty and the hotel staff where not helpful at all. If we could have moved we would have, I would not recomend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
Ipswich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Had 6 nights of misery at this hotel because rest of town fully booked due to conference. Changed rooms twice in first hour for various reasons but mainly as carpet in the first room was soaked because it had rained all day!! Would not recommend this hotel to anyone, in fact, strongly advise you do not stay here under any circumstances.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 26 August 2011

The Season Star was adequate for our one night stay. The guy running the place wasn't exactly personable, but he wasn't rude either. Our room itself was clean, but the shower curtain was dirty and the drain looked like it hadn't been cleaned in forever. The room was small, but otherwise fine for what we paid. The free continental breakfast was pretty unimpressive, and the coffee was horrible instant stuff. The location was great though. Basically, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends