“basic budget room”
Review of Season Star Hotel

Season Star Hotel
Ranked #371 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Stayed here in 2005, and it was oyr first trip abroad together. I had been to Amsterdam before and knew what to expect from the hostel like hotels, so this hotels atmosphere didnt suprise me.
Room was clean, and showed signs of alot of use, but it was adequate for what we wanted it for.
Only downside was although we requested a non smoking room, the aircon ran through the hotel and pumped the same air through all the rooms, This meant our room quickly stunk of weed.
Would try somewhere else in future

Room Tip: choose a low floor.. smoke rises!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Clearly not a 3-star hotel as its sign indicates! The room are old and dirty. Though the hotel forbids smoking, the curtains and the desk in the room had burn stains and the hotel had the smell of tobacco. The personnel in the front desk has clearly no professional qualifications, being rude and obnoxious.

I stayed for 3 nights and they did not change the bed sheets, nor cleaned the room. I did get fresh towels though. In general the room (and the hotel) was in desperate need of renovation!

The hotel is centrally located and within walking (or tram) distance from the touristic squares and shopping center.

If you only wish a good night sleep, then I would suggest staying in a cheaper place.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dimitris S
Reviewed 21 February 2012

This hotel was very cheap, and well located. It is located just by the sentral station in Amsterdam, and the reseption was open 24/7. Friendly staff, who helped us book a resturant over the phone and etc. Nice big light rooms, we stayed as a couple for 5 nights. We had our own barthroom with bathtub and shower and WC. The room was cleaned before our stay, but it was a carpet floor, so staines from previous guests were ofcourse there. The bathroom was clean, we got new towels every second day. It was a bit noisy from the main road passing the room by, but it got more quiet in the night, and we slept trough it all. Breakfast was served in the lobby/reseption area, where you could get tea/coffie, juice and bread with jam or toast etc. The breakfast was included in the prise, and was til 10 am in the morning.

Over all it is one of the most pleasent stayes I've had in Amsterdam.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank N0rway19
Reviewed 30 January 2012

I stayed here with my work colleagues. The reviews made me really expect the worst from this hotel, however it was not too bad and the rooms were reasonable (I shared the triple room). They weren't dirty or smelly or anything else that has been mentioned, they were just in need of a revamp and for the price of the room I would stay here again. The hotel is right next to Amsterdam central station and within walking distance of all the sights so if you are looking for location then this is a good budget choice. Just don't expect too much and you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank Sophia F
Reviewed 17 October 2011

My friends and I wanted to had a place near the train station and hope not to move again as this is the last two nights of our holidays in Europe. However, once we checked in the hotel, the hotel room was not as clean as a three star hotel should be.

And guess what, the room in second floor had rats inside the room, the rats ate our chocolate and stroopwafels, when we informed the staff in front-desk the next morning, she told us this foods are attracting the rats, and this area have lots of rats. I told her then why no one inform us or any noticed that warn the guests about this issue, she just said she is sorry and they wont make any compensation for our losses. I had been travel for so many years and had never stay in a hotel with rats inside the room, and the room is at the 2nd floor,...... they only agreed to change another room for the 2nd night after requested by us,....

We requested to see the owner who suppose to come in later, but we guess he do not dare to face us so we didn't manage to meet him and ask for further explanation or compensation,...

You may stay in this hotel if you want some rats to company you at night !!!! or hide inside your luggage and follow you home,...

Room Tip: If possible go look for other hotel,....
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cheng M
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I needed somewhere to stay in Amsterdam for one night because the Hostels were full. I walked though the front door and the reception area looked good so I enquired to the price and secured a room. I paid 70 Euros.

When I saw the room I noticed that the room clearly had a damp problem and had'nt been cleaned fo some time. The shower room had mould all over the ceiling and the wall paper in the room had marks all over it and was beginning to peel. In the end I decided that it would be more hygenic for me not to shower there as although the towels in the bathroom looked clean I did not wish to chance it.

I slept fuly clothed for as short as time I could manage and checked out at the first opportunity in the morning. I am not bothered by facilities as all I want is a clean well maintaned room/bed which I got at a hostel the morning after for nearly half the price of this dump.

Room Tip: Don't bother it aint worth it!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank JonnyT225
Reviewed 4 October 2011

We where charged nearly 300 euro a night due to a conference in Amsterdam at the time. I still cant believe that they felt ok about charging that price for a disgusting, dirty, bug invested room!! We had just completed 4 weeks backpacking in Europe and this was the worst place every.. We had a leaking shower and basin which made the carpet damp and awful smell, the fire alarm was hanging from the roof with wires everywhere, the room was dusty and the hotel staff where not helpful at all. If we could have moved we would have, I would not recomend this place to anyone!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends