“Wonderful location, OK stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Residence Le Coin
Ranked #136 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a meeting organized by the University of Amsterdam. The hotel is primarily frequented by guests that attend meetings at the University. The location is wonderful -- right in the center of the city, with easy walking distance to pretty much anything of interest in the city. I had a fairly spacious room facing the unremarkable inner court, and the room was really quiet -- an advantage over many other rooms -- I heard a lot of complaints about the noise in the rooms facing the hotel front. The weather in Amsterdam was unusually hot, and the hotel has no AC, so the room was quite hot. The room was quite spartan; not many amenities. The internet was very slow, so the front desk gave me an internet cable. My phone also had no reception in the room, which was a bummer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank bulka56
There are newer reviews for Hotel Residence Le Coin

Reviewed 15 August 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed in the hotel for 3 nights in august. large clean rooms, good shower with nice water pressure. friendly staff and fantastic location. theres a lift which is good if you have suitcases; a lot of hotels in Amsterdam don't!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Claire28
Reviewed 1 August 2013

My mum and I stayed here for one night. We were very happy. The hotel was central and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was ready early so was perfect for dropping our bags off. The room was clean and nice to have the top floor with a balcony over looking the canals and street. A little loud outside but we were central so not really a problem. Comfortable beds and powerful shower. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I was in Amsterdam for an academic meeting and stayed in Le Coin for a week. We received a reduced price since we were guests of the University of Amsterdam. Price was quite reasonable for a hotel with a very central location and a nice large room. The room was not fancy but very spacious and comfortable with a little kitchenette, a large study desk, a small sofa and a convenient bathroom. I read in the reviews before that the front rooms overlooking the streets were noisy especially over the weekends. But it was not our experience even over the weekend. Double windows helped to keep the noise out except for one day when we had to leave the window a bit open. We were quite annoyed by the truck that brought stuff to Hotel Europa right across. From very early in the morning (4 or 5 am till about 10) there was a constant noise. But that was the only incidence even though we were on the 1st floor. My colleagues who stayed in the rooms overlooking an inner courtyard at the back said that it was extremely quite and nice. The only drawback with our room was that we were not able to get in enough fresh air. We were able to slide the sash windows only 25-30 cm up. This was understandable for security reasons, but we were not able to benefit enough from the fresh breeze outside. The staff was always very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good. The location was very convenient within easy reach to every with with strong transportation links. The tram stop was just around the corner. Overall it was a very pleasant stay. I especially enjoyed the spaciousness of the room. Highly recommend the place.!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank academicexplorer
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I was very happy with our stay at Le Coin. The location is absolutely ideal and the rooms are huge for being right in the center of Amsterdam. It is a little rough around the edges (a slightly worn down hardwood floor for example), but it is clean and functional. It was a little loud at night, but we were on the first floor right over the road. I would guess other rooms were quieter. The staff was very friendly and helpful. This is not the place to stay if you're looking for luxury, but if you want a clean, affordable base of operations in the center of the city, this is perfect.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank applega888
Reviewed 6 June 2013

I was visiting the city for 10 days as part of a USA University Study Abroad program (faculty). We received a reduced rate booking with the University of Amsterdam, but the rates seemed really reasonable. I was given room 343, which is a great corner room with a view of the canal and a small balcony! Although I was technically here on business, I will be returning to this hotel for future personal travel.

The great:

Location - Trams right outside the hotel, close walk to flower market, central station within 10 minutes, etc. Also, my room faced the canal but there weren't really noise issues (as opposed to my hotel last time in Amsterdam that suffered through noisy trash pick-up every morning from the nearby bars).

Room - Pleasant room. I was told it was a larger room with 2 single beds. There is a small kitchenette area with fridge and stove/hotplate. The fridge was good at keeping things cool. I never used the hotplates. Bed was comfortable with a comfy duvet. Windows opened for a fresh breeze! Bathroom was large with great water pressure in the shower. TV had lots of American channels with Dutch subtitles.

Wifi worked amazing!! Never had any problems using Facetime.

Breakfast was extra but was your standard European hotel breakfast. Enough fuel to get you through to lunch. Cold cuts, bread, hard boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, pastries.

Staff was great! Very helpful.

Free laundry onsite (2 euros to purchase 2 bars of soap for the washer) and no one was ever using it. Very convenient.

Very highly recommended!

Room Tip: Room 343! You get a view of the canal and a balcony!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Naomi E
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Nice hotel, good pricing, clean, and efficient. Close enough to the Dam etc., and also to the rest of the city, without being caught up in the centre of the craziness. Really perfect location.

The floating flower market is a few minutes walk. The museum and heineken experience are about 20 minutes away. and the train station is about 15 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo