“Honest, Pure, Central, Feeling home, No nonsense”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Residence Le Coin
Ranked #131 of 375 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 December 2005

Stayed there a few months ago. I remember it very well, because it was a fine hotel with warm people. Seemed like they work their magic on the guests, because everybody seemed só relaxed in this hotel.

When we were looking for it, we nearly couldn't find it. It's a small entrance . . but when your go up to your room you find out that it stretches out over all properties you past on your way down the street.

We stayed in a large twin room with a little balcony, on the street corner. I think we were very lucky; I remember the nice guy from behind the desk mentioning that that room was kind of special. But there are more rooms like that he added.

And special it was; there was even a little kitchen with refrigerator, brand new bathroom and the canalview . . . . all packed into this from the outside tiny looing hotel.

Later they told me it was kind'a University property, so there were staying Professors and Dr's and famous researchers from around the world all over the place.

Now I understand why everything felt like home and nothing was overdone.

Location; every hotspot is on walking distance. Dam Square, Leidse Square, Rembrandt Square, New Market. Coin Square in front of the hotel, where trams are leaving to every spot in Amsterdam and a metro station also on walking distance. And there are also a few trams leaving for Museum Square and the Vondel Park area if I'm right.

Just ask the curly guy or the nice brunette behind the desk for directions. Every question I had was well raken care of. I must say that.

Whenever I go back to Amsterdam, I will ofcourse pay them a visit.

ps, I think the price mentioned on this site is too high. I payed like 95 EURO for the large twin, I had a big discount although.

Gr, Steven de Peven

• Stayed: September 2005
35  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2005

Very much oke,. . for what I experienced, 'cause after all, I enjoyed Amsterdam´s nightlife (a lot). ;-)

The guests in the hotel varied from bussinessmen to families. We had a room on the street side, bit noisy, but for the rest spacious (the large twin) and a beautiful bathroom. Fell asleep in a large hot bath twice; hihi.

The best was the kitchen we had , we made our breakfast in our room, with a little help from the supermarket one block away.

There is a 5-star hotel accross the street, so we enjoyed looking at the sportscars driving by all day.

Next time we´ll try to reserve a room on the canal side. Seems that those rooms are even better. We didn´t find a hotel more centrally located than this. I´m not a pro although.

Maybe we´ll meet in spring when I go there again with my two girlsfriends.

Hade a great time there!

Gr, Julie Blossum