“A lovely stay”
Review of Le Quartier Sonang

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Le Quartier Sonang
Ranked #1 of 343 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our first visit to Le Quartier Sonang and, like other tripadvisor reviewers, we feel very fortunate to have stayed here. The location was perfect - quiet, but also in very easy reach on foot or by tram of all the places we wanted to get to (lots, to make full use of our Holland Passes!). Our room, facing the street, was comfortable and light and the breakfasts were delightful (to look at as well as eat). Above all, Oki and Frank were wonderful hosts, welcoming and attentive without ever being intrusive. We very much appreciated their helpful tips on places to visit and to eat and also the thoughtful extras, such as the espresso coffee maker in our room and the chocolates waiting for us on our return each evening! We would strongly recommend this as a place to stay in Amsterdam and hope we can return some day soon.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The praise others have heaped on Frank and Oki, and their outstanding B&B, is fully deserved in every respect. Even more so is the care, understanding, and flexibility they demonstrate when things do not quite go to the traveller's plan. My arrival in Amsterdam was very nearly not to be, courtesy of extreme winds in the UK, but Frank and Oki kept in close touch with reassuring emails. When I finally arrived, somewhat later than planned and after an extremely turbulent flight, their greeting was genuinely warm and welcoming, and, despite never having met them before, I felt instantly that I was in the home of close friends. Although my stay was initially for work, my partner was due to join me for the weekend. The next set of high winds in the UK thwarted that plan altogether. Frank and Oki were so sympathetic and understanding, which went a long way to making me feel better about my change in circumstances. They set me up with plenty of recommendations for walks and sights, and I had a truly delightful time.

I should add that the neighbourhood is pleasant and quiet, and yet still extremely conveniently located to both the heart of the city and the museum quarter. As a petite female, I am normally wary of walking around urban environments at night on my own, but the residential location of Le Quartier Sonang is reassuring.

I look forward to returning to Frank and Oki's care and having that romantic weekend get-away in the near future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We had decided on this B&B due to the great recpommendations on tripadvisor and must say that everything was just as great as all the favourable reviews made us expect: an excellent room (front room to the street but quiet) and excellent service, most friendly hosts with a lot of helpful tips for eating out and the sights of the city. The location in the heart of Amsterdam near the Vondelpark and Museumplein is perfect for exploring Amstedam by foot and a lot of restaurants are nearby. After a day of walking around the city you find all the amenities you need to relax and feel right at home in this lovely B&B. Oki and Frank made our stay a very pleasent one and we are looking forward to being back some time this year!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Sometimes it is a mistake going back to great places a second time - because the second time doesn't live up to the first experience - or to one's good memories. That most definitely was not the case when I returned to Le Quartier Sonang recently, after quite some time. I have to say, I was expecting it to be just as good as before because Frank and Oki, the hospitable and caring hosts, are just those kind of guys, and it was a delight to be back. The rooms and bathrooms are sparkling, tastefully and newly decorated, large and very comfortable. The beds in particular are divine (how many bad hotel beds have you slept in?!). It is quiet, which is essential in my view, and the breakfast was fresh and delicious. The location is great: almost in the middle of Amsterdam and also close to restaurants, museums, transport, stores, etc. and we had a lovely dinner in a restaurant that Frank and Oki suggested. They are very helpful and available for questions and conversation, and also sensitive to the need for privacy - excellent hosts, in short. It is a superb B and B, great value for money and once again, I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank LondonTraveller401
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed for four nights in January in the front room Chambre de Ville - you couldn't ask for more welcoming and friendly hosts than Frank and Oki. Everything is perfect, the location (quiet but surprisingly close to the city), the room, the bed, breakfast in bed, and such good value. We've stayed in other B and B's of similar quality (well, almost as good) and paid far more. And Amsterdam is such a wonderful city to visit. So a total recommendation from us

Room Tip: We stayed in Chambre de Ville which was perfect, overlooking the very quiet street, but I'm sure...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MagicRat
Reviewed 15 January 2014

My husband and I stayed at Le Quartier Sonang for a few days prior to flying to Africa. Frank and Oki are wonderful hosts- friendly AND informative. We took their recommendations for places to eat near the B&B, and all were wonderful. The bed is the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The breakfast is also a great deal- with fresh squeezed juice. I'd definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ili2008
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We recently spent two nights at Le Quartier Sonang. Our hosts were professional and friendly. The very fresh & yummy breakfast was brought up to our room at the time we requested . What's not to like about breakfast in bed???We loved the fresh fruit! The bed was super-comfy. And the shower was beautiful! Our room was peaceful and quiet and centrally located, so we could walk everywhere that we wanted to go. We took the bus from the airport, and we never needed to rent a car or use a taxi. We will definitely return!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple