“Fantastic Location”

Tulip of Amsterdam B&B
Ranked #3 of 337 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Loved this place, its location and friendly host! Stayed there in October 2013 for 2 nights and being alone, I was quite pleased with the warm welcome and assistance in finding my way around. The house is an original canal house and the winding stairs up to my room were pretty steep but my luggage was handled for me so it wasn't an issue. The room is old but lovingly restored with all the modern amenities. I walked from the train station with my luggage which may have been only a 10 minute walk but considering I was jet-lagged, I'd probably take a taxi next time. The day I left, I was looking for a place to find nail polish and David walked me around a corner, down the street and helped me with my purchase. Excellent client service! The only other thing - they wanted cash so make sure you use the ATM before arriving.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Sanspen
There are newer reviews for Tulip of Amsterdam B&B

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Stayed in this B&B early this year and this was my first B&B experience. The place is located very central, I like that I can just walk from anywhere. Central station is very close and china town with a lot of nice restaurants is just few steps away. David welcomed me warmly and gave me a very good insight of the city. I had a good feeling about this place. It is very homey.

Room Tip: I like the green room a lot! Full of character!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank leesteve2014
Reviewed 12 January 2014

We stayed at the Tulip of Amsterdam for 3 nights at the end of December 2013 based on the recommendation of a friend. This B&B is amazing! It is right in front of a canal, and you could walk everywhere from this B&B. Not once did we take the metro to go anywhere, including the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh museum, Jordaan, Anne Frank museum, and all the other places. The Red Light District is a couple of minutes' walk from there. The B&B is in this beautiful old building. The stairs are narrow, but nothing that a normal abled-bodied person can't handle. The kitchen is fully stocked, and you can make your own breakfast. Our room is the large Dutch room, and it was fantastic. The room is indeed large and very comfortable. It even included an eating table and Nespresso in the room.

But most of all, the service is outstanding. For example, we had a slight accident at Central Station when we first arrived when someone emptied a tube of toothpaste on our jacket, and David immediately offered to wash our jacket so we can use it back immediately during our trip. Both Chris and David provide a warm place to stay. They give good recommendations on how to go around the city and places to see. Special shout out to their cat, Loytje, who is definitely a big, big plus in our stay - he is so charming!

We definitely recommend Tulip of Amsterdam either for first time travelers to Amsterdam or return travelers. We cannot wait to go back!

1  Thank P W
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our second stay at the B&B, just as good second time round. You can easily walk to all the attractions from here and central station is a 10 min walk away.
The owners Chris and David are very friendly and helpful. \\perfect place to stay!

1  Thank PippaCumbria
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My boyfriend and I booked one of the two bedrooms at the Tulip of Amsterdam last minute and could not have been more delighted by our choice! We wanted to stay in a place with character in an old house. The owners, David and Chris, were friendly and offered great recommendations for dinner and lunch places. Lotye, the resident cat, was sweet and a welcome addition to our stay.

The location, as many other travelers have noted, is very central. It is less than a 5 to 10 minute walk from the main attractions in the city centre and about 20 minutes walk to the art museums. The room was spacious, quiet, and very comfortable for one night (and would have been perfect for a longer stay). The breakfast was self-serve with a variety of options from bread, jam, eggs, cold cuts, and traditional Dutch spreads. We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay at the Tulip again in the future.

1  Thank HannahTN
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

This BnB is fantastic! It is in the centre of everything - a short stroll from The Ould Kirk, about 10 mins walk from Central station, 10 mins walk from the Anne Frank house, and in a very pretty location. To top it off, Chris and David are really friendly and offered us great advice.

This is the second time I've been to Amsterdam, and there can be some pretty seedy places if you are unlucky...this is not one of them. I would highly recommend it, and would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KeiraNandrew
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Totally fabulous place, warm, comfortable, relaxing, welcoming, friendly and the most adorable cat:) I never want to stay anywhere else again. Well done guys for creating the wonderful home you share.

Helene xx