“Unfortunate Choice”

Sogno
Price range: US$22 - US$45
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Passion and service is the strength of Ristorante Sogno. We would like to welcome you for an evening of fine dining in an unique Italian atmosphere. Enjoy our fresh home made pasta's, excellent service and all the best that the Italian kitchen has to offer. Alberto Guardascione, Chef of Restaurant Sogno, will approach you with the Slow Food concept to let you discover the best quality items of the Italian cuisine. Through a daily hard work based on trust with his own suppliers, he promotes the Slow Food concept that safeguard small-scale quality productions that still use traditional methods. We are very proud of the recognition we have received from Ospitalita Italiana, an Italian certificate based upon quality, ambiance, service, cuisine and atmosphere. Terenzio Ignoni and his team are very pleased to welcome you as their guest in Ristorante Sogno! Terenzio Ignoni, with his own knowledge about wines, will recommend you suitable wines to let you experience the best wine and food pairing
Toronto, Canada
“Unfortunate Choice”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

We walked in without a reservation as we could see there were a few vacant tables. We were greeted and offered a table that needed to be cleared so we happily agreed to wait. We waited and watched as no attempt was made to clear the table. Another server approached us after about 5-10 minutes and asked if she could help us and I explained the scenario. She then went and cleared the table and showed us to our seats and then apologized for giving us paper napkins from the adjoining hotel as they didn't have any more cloth napkins????? There was an empty table for 4 right beside us that they could have "borrowed" from but I guess chose not to. My husband and I sat down and looked at each other and then got back up and left. We can't comment on the food as we didn't eat but the service was enough to put us off and based on that alone, we wouldn't recommend or return.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank OntarioCanTravellers

Copenhagen, Denmark
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Surprisingly good!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I went to this restaurant because it was nearby my hotel and I was quite tired. I read a few of the reviews and wasn't expecting too much of it, because of some bad reviews I have seen.
But it was surprisingly good! Very friendly and professional staff, that gave me good information about which wine to take with my meal, the food wasnt cheap, but the quality was definetely worth the money, especially the cod fish that i had as a main course, I know a lot about cod, and this was definetely one of the best i ever had, you could taste it was of good quality and the vegetables and potatoes that came with it were fresh and well prepared.
The atmosphere was also very nice, i could reccomend it to anyone that is looking for an high quality Italian restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Peter F
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“nice location- they could do better”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

They really could make this great. Close to Leidseplein, the museum quarter, Vondelpark and many hotels. The restaurant was less than a quarter full and there were 3 people to serve few tables, and yet it took 20 minutes before someone came to give me a menu (yet they had seated me there)! The chick pea soup with clams was decent, although not really spicy as advertised. The accompanying bread was stale (except for the bruschetta type). The rissotto with porcini mushroom and sausage was quite good and I recommend it. Friendly if inefficient staff.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Kaz P
Boston, Massachusetts
“An average meal”
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Had dinner at Sogno as it was convienent to my hotel

The wait staff was friendly and overall attentive

The food was average, nothing special. Tjhe menu has quite a large selection of pasta dishes.
Had the sea bass (25 Euro) which was served with olives and tomato sauce, which I found a bit salty (I do not use any salt). Had a ask for a small green salad to go with dinner, as none was listed on the menu. Was charged 7.50 Euro which seemed a bit pricey for what I received.

The wine selection was average and opted for a glass of red.

As the restaurant is part of the NH hotel, there was no special ambience,etc. So, if you looking for an average meal with no surprises than i will not be disappointed. If you are looking for a special meal at a restuarant with charm then I would look elsewhere

• Visited January 2014
Rome, Italy
“Very very expensive ”
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We start whit tuna tartare whit mind.... The fish was but the mind where is it??? 15€( very small )main course nothing to remember (27,50 €)...about wine .... Really really very expensive ... In Rome for exemple one bott. of LEONE -tasca D'almerita is 6€ from represents wine and about 8,50 in enotec.....(if you are not believe search one internet) and this wine is 44€....the service was olmost profession .... Again in Amsterdam and never at SOGNO

1 Thank giovanni-ban