“Holidays in Amsterdam”

Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South
Ranked #45 of 371 Hotels in Amsterdam
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Very clean and smart hotel .Friendly and helpful staff .Good access to South Amsterdam and city centre. Excellent in every way

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Susan W
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Amsterdam - South

Reviewed 23 June 2012

Been here for the first time, did not expect much as being staying in express... Execellent staff with exceeding customers satisfaction.. Good going to staff guys like, Najim, mohamed, Inge, and the operational manager!! Well done.. From India!!

• Stayed: July 2011
3  Thank Soumilgharat
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The staff are very helpful and efficient. I specially liked the design of the shower room.
It was also very quiet at night and in the morning, I could not believe when I saw the time in the morning: I did oversleep!
I strongly recommend it for business and pleasure alike.
On a final note, Internet connection is free and works greatl: fast and reliable from first connect. I know it sounds simple when you are at your own home, but I travel a lot in different hotels and here has been my best experience so far on this too.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Gemma P
Reviewed 16 June 2012

On a business trip to the Rai attending a conference, never stayed at Holiday Inn Expres before, and honestly, I would go here again when I am in Amsterdam. Good WIFI, very nice breakfast (all you need), and great cheerfull staff! and most of....nice bed and quiet room.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Pete P
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The new holiday inn express at Amsterdam South was absolutely excellent. I have a list of things that made our 4-night stay particularly wonderful.

1. The shower was superb; great water pressure, extremely aesthetically pleasing as well.
2. The staff went above and beyond to accommodate us. When we couldn’t find laundry nearby they did our laundry for us.
3. Internet was high speed and worked excellently. It was much better than a previous Holiday Inn we stayed at in Munich South (Germany) where they charged $ for internet. No passwords or hoops to jump around to access internet at the Amsterdam South Holiday Inn Express. Also multiple people could access internet at the same time. We had a great WIFI connection from all our devices.
4. Breakfasts were unlimited continental type breakfasts. They were better than most other continental breakfasts I’ve had. Fresh chopped veggies (cucumber and tomatoes) and fruit; apples, oranges, bananas, etc. and amazing espresso machine where you can make a variety of different coffee and mochas. I made my own double espressos with hot milk every morning and never wanted to leave. The croissants were always warm and delicious. They also had Nutella chocolate spread that we used to dip our cucumber slices in.
5. The hotel was very close to tram station, no connections necessary from Train station, or from city center. Take the subway (51) from the Train Station (if arriving from another city in Europe via Train; this is quick about 15 minutes), also the 5 (quick to main city centre, 5-8 minutes on Tram 5). About a 1 minute walk from the station. Also easy to look up directions using Google maps (describes the trip; which trams/subways you can take to get to hotel).
6. Hotel in lovely neighborhood. Very close to grocery store if you want to pick up snacks/water. Also, cute area with shops (cafes) and drug store. The area felt very safe, and had nearby canals where we frequently walked after dark.
7. On our 2 week stay in Europe, we had 2 flex days (& a planned 2 night stay) at Amsterdam south, and we liked the city and (mostly the hotel) so much that we stayed an additional 2 nights for a total of 4 nights at the Holiday Inn Amsterdam South.
8. We saw one of the girls at the front desk helping an older couple by booking their flights and next hotel stay from the front desk. I would never do that to the staff; expect them to make all my reservations for me; flights and hotels, but she was very helpful to this couple and I thought that was nice since they obviously didn’t know what they were doing to make these plans on their own.
9. The girl at the front desk recommended an excellent area to us; suggesting one specific restaurant but pointing out that there were several lovely restaurants in the area with traditional dutch food. We had problems finding the exact restaurant she recommended actually, but the area was lovely. Once we got to this area; the Jordaan (near the Anne Frank Huis) we approached a local on the street and asked if he could recommend a nice restaurant in the area and he recommended a lovely restaurant called De Reiger; from the outside it appears to be a pub but the food (and especially the service) was amazing. The meal was about 45 Euros and that includes 2 meals (about 18 Euros each) and 4 drinks. We thought the service was so amazing and our waiter was so friendly, that we tipped 11 Euros. We felt fortunate that the receptionist at the hotel recommended this area, because it was exactly what we were looking for. The area was trendy and cute, and we enjoyed the neighborhood and dinner thoroughly.

I am a priority club member (platinum elite) and I spend up to 50 nights a year at the Holiday Inn and/or Holiday Inn express for work. I spend additional nights at other hotels when a Holiday Inn Express (or Holiday Inn) is not available somewhere that I’m travelling for work. Of the numerous hotels I’ve stayed at, I believe this hotel has been my favorite so far.
Thanks for a wonderful stay, (to the staff) at the new Holiday Inn Express at Amsterdam South (Zwaansvliet 20). We will be back some day (the next time we visit Holland, hopefully Spring 2014).

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank JaneS28
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This brand new hotel was perfectly situated next to a tram station about 15 minutes from the centre of Amsterdam which was easy to find and use to travel in and out of Amsterdam. I was extremely impressed with the friendliness of the staff and their professionalism. The rooms are brand new and extremely well appointed. I would have no problem recommending this hotel as a place to stay for tourists or business travellers who want to stay in a comfortable hotel outside of the city centre but close enough to be within easy reach.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Kaan F
Reviewed 9 June 2012

The hotel was lovely, staff was very helpful, the location is great, less than two minutes walk to
the metro station, the 51 metro and the no-5 tram run every 5 minutes to amsterdam central stn,
the room was great and the bathroom and shower was very good, my wife and myself would
certainly go back to this hotel.
I did mentioned to the bosses that a sign from the metro station to the hotel would be a great
help to customers who arrive for the first time and a couple of extra drawers in the room, they
welcomed my feedback and listened to my suggestions.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple