“Delicious pizza, intimate atmosphere”
Review of Palorma

Palorma
Ranked #1,172 of 4,045 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Plantage & the East
Description: On the Dutch site www.iens.nl you will find the rating of this restaurant is pretty good. Good price / quality balance
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Disagree with a number of reviews for this restaurant. Arrived at 9:30pm on a Friday night, without reservation. Chose our table & were served by an attentive & polite Dutch lady who brought us a free shot of amaretto when we finished our meal. Pizza was very high quality & flavoursome; better than a lot of pizzas I've eaten in the UK (and believe me, I've eaten a few!).

Great value too - 2 pizzas, garlic butter bread, 1/2 litre of house white, 3 heinekens & a diet coke = under €35.

Overall, a lovely experience in an intimate restaurant with good staff & food quality.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went here as a group for a work meal. Everyone enjoyed their food, and it's reasonably priced. However, the service was a bit hap-hazard, with the waiter making mistakes, and missing people out.

Reviewed 9 February 2014

Probably the cheapest evening meal I had during my short stay in Amsterdam last week and actually the most pleasant. Was part of a large group so service was a little manic but the lamb dish I had was very nice and the night didn't break the bank. I don't think my colleagues were hugely impressed with the pizza but my meal was good. 3.5 / 5 overall

Reviewed 5 February 2014

There is a nice atmosphere (maybe too dark). The menu is full of things, from soup to pizzas.
I took a pizza and, like other experiences I had in Holland, the results is on average.
I mean, the pizza dough is good and well cooked but the ingredients are mostly put on after the cooking. That means that you can find pieces of uncooked onions (or mushrooms e.g.). That is hilarious. By the way the service is good and the staff is cordial. Last thing: the prices are fair!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We went there because it was very near our hotel (Hotel Plantage). Nobody was in the restaurant, which was a little bit weird, we weren't really at ease. The service was really slow even though they only had to make two pizzas. The waiter always disappeared for long times in the kitchen, which was quite irritating when we wanted to order/ask for something more/ask for the check. I understand it can be weird when there are only two people in the restaurant for the waiter to stay in the restaurant, but he could have checked a few times if we were ok.
The pizzas were average.