“You don't want to leave this place”
Review of Hotel Old Quarter

Hotel Old Quarter
Ranked #2,510 of 4,141 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: The restaurant is in the Old Quarter Hotel
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Awesome meals (just like at your grandmother's), nice friendly staff. The atmosphere was so welcoming and cozy I felt like staying there all night long. And you will certainly love the cat!

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We walked right by the restaurant, without seeing it. Upon returning on the same street we did find the restaurant; thank goodness. It was a pleasant surprise to find AC inside the restaurant which was definitely needed since the temps were in the mid 30s (C) that evening.

Service and food were excellent again (this was our second dinner here after discovering the place earlier in the year). The Guinness is cold and reasonable (€ 5.50 a pint) and food is very good. My wife went with fish and chips while I went with all you can eat ribs. I'm a rib maker so I judge ribs against mine. Their ribs were really, really good. Fell off the bone with being too tender, and had a really good grilled/light saucy taste. No doubt, I'll eat those ribs again! Bring an appetite as they're willing to feed you ribs as long as you'd like to eat 'em. I have only two plates-ful which was perfect. And at € 16 +/-, a great deal as well.

I did comment to the waitress how difficult a time we had finding the restaurant due to lack of proper signage. She told me three days earlier a truck had ripped their sign off the wall outside. So if you go, and you should, keep your eyes peeled for this place.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

We called in here a couple of times just for a drink, it was a nice place, very relaxing, friendly staff, cute looking cat. Wine was E3.30 a glass.

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were visiting the red light district and it was still a little early so we decided to grab some dinner. The dishes here are reasonably priced and are slightly cheaper than the other restaurants around the area. Decor was very unique and the service was sincere, friendly and swfit. After walking about the whole day in the cold, this was a great warm place to just relax and have a pint and a warm meal.

Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

We also stayed in this hotel & went for tea one night, the make your own garlic bread was gorgeous! The breakfast was nice but when some of us asked to remove some items off the full english breakfast they disnt give us any extra of anything else. But all the staff here are lovely!