“Yum Fries!”

Chipsy King
Ranked #960 of 4,134 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Description: The above is one of three stores in Amsterdam so ideally you should add all three - other street addresses are Damstraat 8 and Lange niezel 4.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Fries seem like the thing to do in Amsterdam! There are these little chip places all over the city. When in Rome...!
We tried out the chipsy king. Huge cone of steaming hot chips. Freshly cooked - Double fried for extra crunch and super soft in the middle. Great selection of sauces.

The best bit... open till 6am on the weekends!

Reviewed 23 July 2013

I love chipsey king :) love the chips, love the name, love the price, i just love it :).
Great for a cheap snack or even lunch for two as some of the sizes are massive.
The chips are yummy, fluffy on the inside crispy crunchy on the out, the only thing i didn't like was the satay mayo- yuck- i dont even know what made me think it would be nice.
The chips are hands down the best in amsterdam yum yum yum.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

It was Halal, clean, and had a small menu which meant everything on it was done well. Basically lanb and chicken doner meat and chips. Fresh tasting and excellent value for money.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

I had a kebab in another place in The Netherlands and it came with a really nice sauce but i couldn't remember the name of it. so in this kebab shop was hoping to get the same. 1st he asked if I wanted mayo & ketchup I said and he repeated just ketchup . I got mayo too. then I pointed to a couple of the many kebab sauces as most of them weren't labelled and he reluctantly answered my questions and I never found out about most if the sauces. so I just sat down with my dry kebab thinking maybe his English isn't good enough to name the sauces. so I am eating my kebab when in walk two gorgeous young ladies and he proceeded to tell them the name if each sauce! So i say oh you tell women names of sauces he just says yes. idiot like my money is not as good as there's. Last time there

1  Thank DarrenTravelonwheels
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Stopped in here for a late night bite to eat, got chips with mayo. Not my favorite but a Dutch institution, so when in Rome...