“Cheap and cheerful”

Amigo Budget Hostel
Ranked #188 of 242 Speciality Lodging in Amsterdam
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Cheap so I wasn't expecting much, staff were just there to keep and eye on things, check you in, check you out, sell you beverages and give you a quick run through on things to do in Amsterdam, sent us straight to the closest coffee shop. Was really out if the way from the centre, it was annoying having to catch the last tram at 12.00 am just so you'd have a bed fir the night. Not much of a common room just a huge set if stairs where everyone smokes weed

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank njmcc93

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Pros:
Tram station was close by.
Helpful staff (for a solo female traveler, the receptionist went out of his way to give me a room with more girls than guys)
Clean washrooms
safe lockers in the room (carry your own lock)

Cons:
Away from all the action. Although it's all a quick tram ride away. may not be convenient if you plan to get back late in the night.
(The location wasn't really a disadvantage. I ran into a lovely Sunday market too close by, which made it up for the tram rides)
Not too bad for a budget accommodation, otherwise. Their rates seemed to vary drastically, though.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

The People working at amigo were very helpful with all my questions. The place was very clean and tidy would stay again if I were in amaterdam! Just what you need for your stay in amayerdam just out of the city. Really really really really cool place nice people

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was traveling with a large group so we had our own room, which was nice, but otherwise the place was not exactly the greatest. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the overall hostel was dirty and gross. The bathroom had no ventilation, so it was muggy, and there was always a giant puddle in the middle of the floor. Although it's a far walk from Amsterdam's center, there is a tram stop right outside, which is convenient once you make it down the hostel's steep staircase. Despite the hostel, I really enjoyed Amsterdam and it is definitely one of my favorite cities. I just think you could find a better hostel for an even cheaper price than Amigo Budget.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I had a lovely weekend in Amsterdam and the place where i stayed was really important. The people in Amigo Hostel are all really warm and friendly. They did everything to made us feel comfortable. They gave us a great help with localization, due that in Amsterdam is really easy to get lost. The prices are excellent, they are even prepared for bank holidays and special events. I extremely recommend the services of Amigo Hostel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My deepest respect to the guys of Amigo since they have been good to the whole of my time being in theire hostel.

If you need my reccommendention?Hell YEAH !!!!

Any problem is that there is no kitchen and no breakfast.
But all the other things are there.

Room Tip: all is good,the cream of the crop!!!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Terrible hostel. I booked for 7 in an 8 persons room and they put us in a 10 persons room that us cheaper. When we asked for the room that we booked they said that they'll spread us in many different rooms.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends