“Excellent dinner value”

Cuisines: American, Argentinian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We were tired from a full day of trudging thru museums and walking about town, and just wanted a simple dinner. The specials menu at the James seemed to fit the bill. Imagine our surprise when the dinner was of excellent quality. Especially the steak fries, which seem to be a specialty item in Amsterdam. We both had the chicken schnitzel, and loved it. The small salad was unique and an excellent addition to the platter.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

This is no doubt one of the best spare rib i have had. The portion are generous and well proportion. Fresh and yummy. Staff are friendly and polite. Will defnititely recommend it.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Food: Basic meals like fries with steak or fries with chicken are fairly priced. We ordered both and they are pretty good. Of course, it can not be compared with some premium steak I had before but quality and excecution of meat is somewhat above the price. Fries quite good and you should at least have once when you are in the Netherlands. It also comes with a small salad and thanks god they do not charge for "Mayonnaise (to be used with fries)" here. Believe it or not, you have to pay for everything including Ketchup, salad dressing in most places in Europe.

Service: as other TA reviewers noted, it is efficient and after delivering your meal, they will just faded to background. (?typical service in Europe whether no or minimal tip is given unless in real upscale dining).

Tip: There is a steep competition in this touristy area near the Central Train Statin. After my dinner, I was doing some window shopping in this area. Another manager from nearby shop asked me whether I'm interested to dine in his place. I said, I already had one and he offered 10% discount if I decide to come for next meal. You could use this with many restaurants in this area. At least food they offer do not appear to be "pure tourist trap."

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Had lunch here last Monday. The sun was shining and I had the 8oz rump meal. The manager enticed the 3 of us in with a 10% discount. The food was fine, nothing special but it hit the spot. Shame the waitresses were grumpy and looking bored. If you eat here you wont be disappointed.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

After 3 days eating junky food, I have decided to try this one. The steak called my attention. I asked to change the french fries for rice (but they can also change it for baked potato). The service was amazing, despite of some restaurants, fully deserved the tax service