“Nice location, but small rooms&bathroom”

Hotel Vossius Vondelpark
Ranked #61 of 341 Amsterdam B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Definetely location is the best advantage of that hotel. Close to Leidseplein with many bars and restaurants. Close to Van Gogh Museum and Rijksmuseum (everything 5 minutes by walk). Also close to tram stops (10-15 mins from Central Station). Hotel itself is freshly renowated, so rooms are clean. Unforunately very small and the bathroom the same. Breakfast quite good with wide choice of meat, cheess and fruit. Good coffee.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 23 May 2013

I booked this hotel relatively late.
I was coming to Amsterdam to see Chelsea play in the Europa Cup Final, and I was pleasantly surprised that the cost was only 115 euros.
The hotel is well located, next to Vondelpark, where the Chelsea players (who stayed at nearby Marriot) took their lunchtime stroll and it's an easy walk across two or three canals into the centre of town.
I didn't have much time, and I was too early to check in but the lady on reception allowed me to put my bag in my allocated room, apologising that it wasn't ready.
When I did eventually return, victorious, I found the room to be compact, but perfectly acceptable.
It was clean. The TV was good.
The toilet is tiny, and if you are a big chap (I am...6'7") using the facilities was a challenge.
I left before breakfast.
All in all, a decent little place at a reasonable price.
Oh...and Chelsea won...

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank JD-ASCOT
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Vossius Vondelpark for 3 nights in late April 2013. The property is well located right on Vondelpark in what appears to be a well maintained row house. But our experience was anything but good. Our 'garden view' room was actually a separate structure behind the building that looked like a cheap motel. The bathroom was unacceptably small (e.g., sink was 6"x11"). We were awakened at 6 am on our 1st morning by a hotel contractor stomping on the roof cleaning leaves. The shower was virtually unusable for 2 of the 3 days because it didn't drain and would flood the room. We were awakened after midnight(!) by banging on our door attempting to repair the shower. Rather than letting us switch rooms, the hotel's idea of compensation for this less than satisfying experience was one free breakfast. There are too many other choices in Amsterdam. We'll be skipping this one next time we go.

Room Tip: Don't.
1  Thank ggrossman
Reviewed 30 April 2013

Myself and my boyfriend stay at Hotel Voissius Vondelpark from Friday to Monday last week, like alot of the reviews on here mention, the rooms are small but for a hotel in the city you would expect this.

We stayed in one of the 'Garden' rooms, which is a little cabin at the back. I was very apprehensive as I had no idea what to expect! I was very happy with the room, yes it was small, but very clean and modern. The staff clean your room every day and give you clean towels.

The staff were lovely and very helpful, they advised on where we could go in the night and where is good to drink/go clubbing.

We didn't have breakfast at the hotel, so can't comment on this.

Finally, the hotel is perfectly located and is right next to Vondelpark (as you can probably tell by the name of the hotel!). I would suggest hiring a bike from the hotel as they are great to get around in and really nice to cycle round the park :)

1  Thank Aimee B
Reviewed 19 April 2013

The room is small but clean and well equipped. Breakfast is good, and location is great, with tram stoos a block away. Wifi is not free, but at 8 euros for 48 hours it´s not so bad, and reception is great (at least on room 305 where we stayed).
Reception desk personnel super friendly and attentive. Will definately come back.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Conveniently located for walking to any place - museums 5 minutes away, major squares the same. Plenty of trams and buses running just meters from the hotel. The hotel was clean, efficiently run and reception staff helpful. Room was small but pleasantly decorated and the shower was large with plenty of hot water and good water pressure. The park is right opposite so we woke up to birds singing and the whoosh of bicyclists. Would definitely return and recommend to others.

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter although any noise we heard was from late night deceleration returning to...
2  Thank ShiraNatanya
Reviewed 15 April 2013

After staying in several hotels in Amsterdam over the years, this will now be one we will return to when we are next in Amsterdam.

Check in was smooth with no problems. Our room was just around the corner from the reception. Room is slightly small as is the bathroom, but its very clean, stylish and comfortable with tea and coffee making facilities and satellite TV. Our bedroom faced the small courtyard, however, I think there was a bench outside our window as some guests decided to sit outside, smoke and chat loudly at 1am! We didn't have breakfast here, so can't comment.

Hotel is near Leidseplein, but easily accessible by tram or walking.