“GREAT if you love herring”
Review of Stubbe's haring

Stubbe's haring
Ranked #89 of 4,655 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 12 August 2018

This is a great stop for a quick bite. There are no table and if you don't like herring or salmon you might want to keep moving. My wife and I stopped there for lunch. I had the pickled herring sandwich with all the trimmings including onions and pickels. My wife had the smoked herring sandwich well trimmed out. Stopping here will not disappoint. If I ever get back to Amsterdam I'm definitely stopping at Stubbe's.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 11 August 2018

If your going to Amsterdam, like herring and in the area, don't miss this wonderful place. I had a smokes herring sandwich with so the fixings. It was great. It's not expensive but he aware there is no seating.. I would definitely recommend this place.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

Delicious and good value! Need I say more?! Although only a kiosk it is the place to go if you enjoy authentic pickled herrings

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank JamesR1947
Reviewed 19 May 2018

We routinely use tripadvisor to decide what to do and where to go when we visit places. This food bar was recommended, and we're glad we went! Great to eat authentic Dutch food!

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank Charlie V
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

To start of with: I am biased on this one! I came here since I was a small kid and I brought my children there as well. I did not know at the time about omega 3, fish oil and all other medical benefits of fish. I just liked the raw fish! Still do. Typically Dutch taste for this food. Call it Dutch sashimi. Close to central station on a former lock at Singel canal. Not the cheapest but one of the best.

Date of visit: May 2018