XO Hotels Park West
Camp Inn Hotel(Amsterdam)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
4,110 results
All reviewsgolden tuliptram stopcity centresloterdijk stationgreat hotelcomfort roomcoffee machineunderfloor heatingnumber tramdam squaretram systemmini barday passpublic transporthotel barschiphol airportbuffet breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Trying to find somewhere in Amsterdam that was modern as well as clean and close to town. Everything was really expensive in town but when I found this, it was perfect. The tram line is right outside the hotel and is a 5-10 minute ride to town. First night had a double room and was small but by no means too small. Then went to a triple room (there was only one on the hotel) and it was very spacious and had everything you would need. Little things like the pump soap in the bathroom and shower perfect for travellers.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Laurenelizab
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights recently and it was really lovely We parked our car in the hotel car park and walked up the stairs directly into the hotel. On arrival the reception staff were friendly and welcoming and gave us advice on the tram service after checking us in. Our room, 137, was lovely and modern with a big bathroom, good bright lighting and a coffee machine. The bed was very comfortable and the room quiet. Breakfast offered a vast choice from breads, pastries, cooked bacon, eggs, beans, mushrooms, ham, cheeses, salads, juices, freshly squeezed oranges, friut,cereals, yogurt. They will even cook you an omelet or fried egg if you ask.
The bar DAM was lovely and the waiters friendly.You can get snack food there and we had pizza slice and fries for 6 euros each. Their large mugs of chips and mayo are yummy too.
There is also a large lounge area with sofas and a bookcase where you can borrow books.
The hotel is about a 20 minute tram ride to Dam Square and run every 10 minutes from just across the road from the hotel.

1  Thank leegoffin54
Reviewed 17 July 2014

BOOKING THE HOTEL:

The booking experience at this hotel was really easy… to begin with!
The reason for this is because I didn’t actually have to deal with the hotel as it’s featured on Late Rooms I booked through them apparently saving over £1,250?. Having said that I have the hotel for a great price and wouldn’t pay anything more to stay here.

The problems started when I emailed the hotel directly to ask for extras in the room on arrival such as 3 Bottles of alcohol, one for each guest and glasses. They told me they could do this and I thought it so, being a 4* hotel.

I asked to pay for the room in advance, no hassle at check-in, just sign and go as we have very busy schedules when we arrive in Amsterdam. This was ok to begin with the hotel sent me a form to fill in and requested a signature and also photocopy of the card I wanted to pay with. They also told me that the card couldn’t be charged immediately (For an unknown reason on the hotels side they don’t do this) and that they would charge it three weeks later on June 27th. I thought it was bizarre you can’t pay for the room up front but that’s their loss. Apparently it’s just in case I don’t show up? Anyway I e-mailed to receive a copy of the invoice, as I hadn’t been sent one and it was now the 30th June. They sent me someone else’s invoice that had checked out of the hotel that day. Not good!

I received an actual reply after complaining on 30/1/14 on 1st July, they have not charged my room as it isn’t being charged until July 3rd! They said I could charge the room on 1st but there would be a 25.00Euro charge? For what!?

The hassle of checking in speedily and getting the bill settled before I even arrive has made the experience rubbish before I even arrive at the hotel. This 4* Hotel can’t even process a bill in advance? Every single hotel I have ever stayed across the world has always has the option to settle in advance.

FINDING THE HOTEL:
Finding the hotel was pretty easy, we just jumped on the train from Schipol to Sloterdjik station and it's literally a fre minutes walk from there. Approx journey time 15 minutes.

CHECKING IN:
Ease of check in: ***** (Super fast & early check-in)
Staff rating on check in: **** (Fast and early)

Checking in was fast on July 4th, in-fact we managed to check in really early at 9am with no extra cost, which was great! They did tell us that we had to pay for the pre-paid extras however they were already paid and that issue was quickly resolved.

We were even told about the ‘Tram Pass’ which was a great addition to the hotel bill with the guys I was with thinking it was a great price for 94 Hours of free trams.
The little things that the staff can do go a long way on a business trip.

There was a girl on training here while we were staying that was a total inconvenience to our stay. She took ages when we requested to pay off certain items from the Mini-Bar in cash. The reception lady training her took ages explaining to her in front of me how to do it! I’d have preferred to pay it and then her to explain to the girl.

Not only this I booked a taxi to Amsterdam Arena for 7:40, it didn’t arrive so 15 minutes later when the reception were supposed to call me I went down. It turns out the “Trainee” didn’t book it! So we got there late! As she had to call the taxi when I got to reception. And the worst part was she laughed about it and spoke to her colleague in Dutch. Stating, “She hadn’t booked it” I was not impressed! Thinking I couldn’t understand maybe?

Other than the total inconvenience of the new girl I think the hotel did pretty well.

THE ROOM & FACILITIES
Cleanliness: **** (Could be cleaner)
Ease of access: ***** (Lifts and stairs)
Facilities:

The room was nice, We were on the 5th Floor 514 If I remember correctly overlooking the canal and terrace just across the road from the tram stop.
It was moderately clean. The fan/heater was covered in tons of dust and the furniture was scratched such as the chair and desk. The Coffee machine was broken on the back and the lid didn’t sit on it correctly.
I like the fact the beds were single however were pushed together, I don’t know why but the feeling of a double bed was awesome! (No double quilts though)

I was surprised you couldn’t hear the road either, being a very busy main road!

The bathroom was nice, however they only put shower gel for two… there were three in the room. The same with the extra cotton buds and face wipes. There should really have been three! (That’s us being really picky, but it’s good practice)

The Mini-Bar kept jamming or not dispensing anything and then making us pay for it. This needs to be sorted as It was an inconvenience having to get someone to bring it up every time it failed to give us what we were after. Being on the 5th Floor didn’t help either.

CHECKING OUT
Speed: ***** (Super Fast)
Staff friendliness: **** (Most staff were pleasant)

No issues though, they tried to charge me an umbrella that I actually returned to the grumpy man on nights! Wasn’t too impressed but they amended it without argument in a very professional manner.

I’d say the hotel wasn’t **** star but *** star hotel with a fancy restaurant and lobby area. The only thing that brings this hotel to a better rating was the fact we had an early check-in and the lady checking us in was absolutely fantastic!

EXTRAS
The cost of extras: *** (Moderately Priced)
Dinner: N/A

The Mini-Bar ran out on several occasions, the staff was more than happy to get us extra drinks and chocolate that should have been in the mini-bar.
This wasn’t an issue for most, however one guy working the night shift on Monday morning at 1am refused to get us anything even thought he Mini-Bar had ran out and told us we had to use the vending machine in the car park?! What?

I was given a free razor, as they don’t charge for those apparently which was nice.
We didn’t eat in the restaurant as it served a buffet style lunch and it was a little pricey compared to Amsterdam’s famous pizza and hotdogs not far from our hotel!

Breakfast was awful, semi-warm food with a very limited selection and no real-sausages! Who wants chicken sausages in the morning? Urgh! Not worth the fifteen euros paid for it (Or close to)

VERDICT:
Would we go back? Probably not.
Suited to: Young couples and older couples on a break in Amsterdam.
It’s not very well suited to business groups.
The hotel is a 3* trying to be a 5* and failing.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better, Lifts make them all accessible. Don't try and pay in advance. Leave 100 Euro to cover your Mini-Bar just incase you get peckish.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
6  Thank DexxTravels
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We had a great time at this lovely hotel, we arrived around 10.30am and were pleasantly surprised to know we had a room to check into. We were checked in by Eveline a Trainee Receptionist, it wont take her long to make the grade, very friendly, informative and couldn't do enough.
When we entered the room it was SPOTLESS and I am a stickler for cleanliness, the bed was comfortable so it was a welcome to be able to lie back and relax for a few hours.
We took a mooch into town, the tram is literally 2 minutes walk from the hotel, take the Number 12 Tram and change onto a 13 Tram to get to Central Station, the tram tickets last either an hour or you can buy one for 24 hours, very handy and reliable.
Walking around the canals and eating in all the amazing cafes and restaurants with a chilled atmosphere was lovely sitting back and watching the world go by.
We ate in TWO great eateries, Burger Zaken make your food to order, it is spotless the chef is always cleaning, you have a good choice of meat to choose from, you order sit back wait, eat, enjoy and walk away filled to the brim.
WONDERFUL FEW DAYS AWAY

Room Tip: All rooms are great to be honest, we were on the 5th floor (room 507) and heard NOTHING
1  Thank hermajestyLondon
Reviewed 16 July 2014

The hotel was good and very clean. It was situated pretty far from the city but a tram stations is right opposite to the hotel, which is a plus point. The way the rooms are designed is pretty foolish. My room had a window right opposite to the door, with a gap of 3 feet and it was a sort of a small gallery. There was hardly any natural coming to the rest of the room. Very cramped and claustrophobic. The bathroom was one of the best I had come across and the service one of the worst. The towels had not been changed despite being left on the floor.

Room Tip: any room with more natural light.
2  Thank Pranav B