Andaz Amsterdam was expensive and pretty much worth it. I paid 325 Euro a night for two nights in late March, 2014. I suggest a look at the pictures on TripAdvisor or on the hotel web site – they catch the flavor of the place very well.
This is a super-high-end design hotel. Often in places like this, function is sacrificed to form. There was only a little of that here. Everything in the room was super-functional:
• A power outlet with US plug adapter already installed (an amazing luxury!).
• A working clock-radio with iPod dock and remote
• Big flat screen TV
• Room-darkening shades
• Lit makeup mirror
• Chic but functional wash-basin – in the middle of the room!
• Waterfall shower – very nice!
• Free healthy minibar items (all but alcohol)
• Comfortable bed with reading lights
• A button (not a door-hanger) to say “do not disturb.”
The fact that everything functioned so well made the design aspects (e.g. the huge fish image on the wall) look better to me.
Andaz is in the glorious canal area of Amsterdam. I was able to walk everywhere. The canal-view room was just delightful.
Bar and restaurant
I had red wine with a client in the lobby bar. Service was prompt, wine list was good, we both enjoyed our wine. I had dessert in the restaurant. Service was excellent again.
The lobby is super-hip but still functional. Round tables instead of the traditional desk are a nice touch.
Gym was functional and reasonably equipped. Sauna and spa look beautiful.
General notes about stay
Despite Hyatt “platinum” status and fairly high room rate, I was initially assigned to an interior room facing the neon-lit lobby. This would have been way too dark for me, verging on depressing. I need natural light. The hotel was not full and the manager provided a room switch (which she called an “upgrade”). Be aware when booking that if you do not pay for a canal-view or garden-view room, you may be facing the lobby.
I would visit this hotel again. It had everything I needed. The Hyatt affiliation (and the ability to earn and use Hyatt points) felt like a bonus.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TravelUp, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation and Hotels.com so you can book your Andaz Amsterdam Prinsengracht reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.