“Lovely Thai in Amsterdam”
Review of Thai Phutakun

Thai Phutakun
Ranked #69 of 3,964 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Genoa, Italy
“Lovely Thai in Amsterdam”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I went with my boyfriend for dinner, the host was very kind with us, service was fast and food amazing. We had a delicious appetizer mix with fish cakes, spring rolls and chicken skewers. As main course we had a gorgeous pad thai and a green curry beef, both of them were high quality and very tasty! We surely reccomend this place to any good food lover!

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank NatiReal

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
“Great Place to Eat.....But I wouldn't say its the best....”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Me and my girlfriend booked this hotel last Saturday night in Amsterdam and I am glad we did as it's very popular with not many tables.

The hotel is close to the flower markets and quite easy to find.

Both from the outside and inside the place is nothing special but that is probably what makes it appealing as it's not set out to be a large chain.

We ordered Thai Fish Cakes and Chicken Satay for starters which were both good....The Satay was probably nicer as the chicken was cooked to perfection.

For a main we went for Chicken Green Thai Current and a Red Thai Curry........Both dishes were excellent and very tasteful indeed.

The thing I loved about this place is that the cooking is done by 2 older Thai ladies and it's very traditional indeed.

All in all I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a good value for money Thai meal. Given the choice of places to eat in Amsterdam I would try some place different for my next visit.

• Visited March 2014
4 Thank Honestreviewer73
Rome, Italy
“Average food but very kind people and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

People very kind and good atmosphere, being a small and quite cosy place. The food was not impressive, in particular any fish soup was really average (fish and squid did taste like nothing). I gave "very good" because of value to money (16 Eu/pp).

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank gianlucarosso1978
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

We had thirty three, fifty and shared twelve. There were all excellent. Authentic. Friendly staff. Great location. Cosy inside. Highly recommded. Thank me later!

3 Thank Tom P
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This recommended to us by friends whilst we were travelling in Amsterdam and we weren't disappointed.

It's a tiny little restaurant, crammed full of tables, but that wasn't off putting. Our waiter was attentive & helpful & the overall service was prompt & thoughtful.

The food is delicious & well priced. We had the Thai green and red curries which were both packed full of flavour. They also give you extra chillis if you want to add some extra spice.

I'd definitely recommend if you're looking for a no frills, well priced meal in the middle of Amsterdam.

3 Thank AnnaRH23