“Great Burger Great People”

Downtown American Diner
Ranked #2,157 of 4,045 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: American, Central American
Neighbourhood: Red Light District (De Wallen)
Description: Opening times: Monday through Thursday 09.00 Am - 01.00 Am Friday and Saturday 09.00 Am - 03.00 Am Sunday 09.00 Am - 01.00 Am All our products are fresh and grilled on a lava stone grill.
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Well I think I become kind of a "vast" costumer here. It's always a nice experience to discover places in a neighborhood. Downtown is one of my favourite now. They are open, when I'm going to work so if I didn't have a breakfast they can make an excellent omelet for me. And when I'm coming from work after a long day sometimes I stop to eat a California Burger.
People are really nice and helpful. They always have a good words with you.

1  Thank Melinda K

Reviewed 1 November 2013

As we were walking by, we stopped to look at the menu and the owner popped out and starting telling us why we should eat here and how they got good reviews on TripAdvisor, so we decided, what the heck. The food was ok and the service was fine. The pricing was a bit high for what we got, but pretty normal. If your looking for a safe plain eatery this it.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

Really nice atmosphere, the food was delicious and the portions were big. Sadly, the menu was pretty confusing, and at the end of a long day we weren't too carefull with what we were really odering, so the waitress succeded into giving us extra filling and a side dish that was not included in the hamburger menu of choice. We ended up paying for nearly twice the money we expected to, but at least the taste was extremely good! So give it a try, but be carefully of extra onion and bacon =P

Reviewed 20 November 2012

The food was gorgeous. I wondered why you didn't get chips with the burgers, but soon found out why! Eyes too big for my belly!
The waitress was the main aspect of this diner, I cannot remember her name but she was blonde and was so lovely. Was only there roughly 3 days and went here for food twice.

1  Thank Kayla S
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Nice little diner,all done out retro-style, and run by a Harley Davidson owner. Great quality of meat in the burgers, and fantastic tasty ribs and hot dogs.