“Excellent, fresh and creative vegan food! Made with love!”
Review of TerraZen Centre

TerraZen Centre
Ranked #1,097 of 4,182 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 8 April 2013

TerraZen is a perfect lunch place for fresh, home made, creative vegan food - in the centre if the city. Everybody can find a perfect meal. All meals have enough substance, especially the salads with e.g. avocado or quinoa. Also, breads and burgers with vegetables, tofu, tempeh or seitan, vegan sushi, green smoothies and a lot of different main dishes are all very delicious. Also carnivores will be happy and could survive ;-)
The atmosphere is lovely, all meals are made especially for you! So, you might need a few more minutes. But it's really worth to invest these additional minutes.
But the most important ingredient is love. And there is a lot of love in TerraZen's meals.
Highly recommended!

1  Thank TamaraSunshine

Reviewed 3 April 2013

Ambiance makes this place better for lunch and more casual but the owners are great and the food delicious and super fresh. Location can't be better...very convenient!!

1  Thank Ambika-40
Reviewed 18 February 2013

after reading the reviews on happycow, I was looking forward to going to terrazen centre. it looks cool inside, kind of shabby looking but in a good way! we were the only people in there at around 8pm at night, and I wondered if maybe they are busy during the day. I was really surprised that there weren't any more people and the fact that it was empty really influenced our experience, it was kind of like sitting in a stranger's living room eating - a bit awkward! I had a green smoothie which was delicious, and after finding out they had no veggie burgers left, I ordered an avocado burger. when it came it was more like a filled sandwich but I'm not complaining about that because it was absolutely delicious. I only wish I could make sandwiches like that at home! I had banana cake to finish and it was also amazing. food wise, I would give this place a 5 but the atmosphere was really lacking. I'm choosing to believe that during the day it's busy and we just went at the wrong time :) it was worth a visit for the tasty food, but I don't think I would go back because being the only people in there was very off-putting. the toilet was also a bit of an experience, and not a good one! if you like really good vegan food and are not put off easily by other factors then I would recommend it ;)

Reviewed 18 February 2013

was looking forward to eating here after hearing they served a vegan japanese/jamaican style menu, whilst the food was really good,i had the mabo tofu which was delicious and a coconut/soya milkshake which was also really good as was the vegan chocolate cake i topped the meal off with for dessert. the service left a lot to be desired,after long waits and a wrongly taken order. the cafe itself was freezing cold and felt unwelcoming, we were the only customers in the shop apart from the owners friends who dropped by to chat. the unisex toilets were also disgusting, i doubt i'd go here again,

1  Thank DavieTheme
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We found this place on Happy Cow in search of veg friendly options in this meat-happy town. Come for the food, service and conversation - but don't judge a book by it's cover. The owner is so nice, makes amazing food, and really enjoys running his restaurant and talking to his customers. Even meat-eaters will appreciate his veggie burger!