“Terrible”

Ranked #1,111 of 4,045 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Neighbourhood: Centrum
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Was so disorganized and food was not up to par for the price plus a panel wall fell on us would not recommend I'm not vegan but my partner is and even he was not pleased bad service bad atmosphere and bad food

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

I was looking forward to eating at a vegan restaurant but this place was dodgy Looking with mediocre food, small portions and high prices, I do not recommend it.

1  Thank David D
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Went to this place twice and wish I could go again. The menu offers a lot in terms of choice, I tried spring rolls, soup, samosas, vegetable curry and rasta pasta and survival cake and chocolate cake. Everything was vary tasty and fresh. The food is made from scratch - no half cooked and frozen stuff - and because it it a small family place, it takes longer to get the food. As I read this in comments, I brought a book and quite enjoyed my time waiting for the food. The place is small - 4 medium sized tables - but has a very pleasant and chilled atmosphere with relaxing music. Go there with at least an hour - hour and a half to spare.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

I've been two times to terrazen, I've seen here on TA many people complaining about the service but I don't agree with them. For sure it is not a regular restaurant with trained waiters etc, it's apparently run by a family and the atmosphere it's very nice and cosy, the guy who served me (probably the owner) was always very kind. My complain is about the value for money: too expensive for the small portions they serve, at my advice. And the menu could be better written, explained, organized. Another suggestion for the management: please don't suggest or serve natto as a main course, I would serve it as a side dish as it has an extremely strong and particular taste ;)

1  Thank VeganTrav
Reviewed 28 November 2013

I went here with my girlfriend, pretty excited given the reviews and the fact we are vegan. The male owner i found out is Guyanese like my grandparents and his wife is Asian.

When we got there, it was empty... I mean completely empty, but the owner came in a few moments later. He was kind, but seemed a little annoyed at something but lightened up as time went by, cracking jokes and entertaining the next set of customers that walked in. We ordered quite a bit to 'take away' even though i was not happy with the menu, lots of 'fake' meat, tofu/soy and other things which yes are 'vegan' but i dont eat anything that is not good for you, i research all foods.

So we waited for our food... 20mins went by and his wife came in, great we thought, shouldnt be much longer now as she was there to help. Unfortunately they had a little arguement and i think thats where my order started to go wrong. We waited another 10mins and were presented with part of our order... But to eat in. We said that we ordered take away and it was taken back. 10mins later another part of our order turned up and AGAIN we had to say we ordered take away. Eventually after about a hour we got our order and left, upset as the time spent there had ruined our plans for that afternoon.

The food was good, could be better presented. The time taken for the food to arrive needs to improve and the menu could use some healthier dishes. But i guess it is vegan and offers began food. I will try once more next time i go to see if that was a one-off.

1  Thank Tza13