“Delightful surprise.”
Review of Cafe de Doffer

Cafe de Doffer
Ranked #443 of 3,956 Restaurants in Amsterdam
Cuisines: Dutch
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Neighbourhood: Canal Ring (Grachtengordel)
Reno, Nevada
“Delightful surprise.”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The restaurant is in a bar. Tiny tables, tons of people. The people watching was lots of fun - it's on a shopping street so there's a lot going on. We had spring rolls so we could sit at a table until dinner was served. They were home made and delicious. For dinner my husband had Texel lamb and I had duck breast in Medeira. We were so surprised! The dinners were fantastic!! Service was friendly, the atmosphere is old-time and great. Very reasonable prices. I highly recommend Cafe de Doffer!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank HikingGrandma

London
“Buzzy local spot”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Great for a beer away from the stag parties. Where the locals go. Good selection of beers and nice ambience.

Visited May 2014
Rome, Italy
“Welcoming with tasty local food”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We found this place by chance and were made to feel immediately at home. Friendly efficient staff and simple decor. Busy but not too busy. The menu was local and unpretentious. I had seafood salad followed by duck breast and my husband had pastrami followed by the house satay. Excellent chips too - with a bottle of Italian house red - 62 euro. We'll be back, I hope.

• Visited April 2014
“Great Brown Bar”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Visited at lunchtime, looked dead from outside but really busy inside. Good value filled rolls and other lunch meals, good selection of beer. Friendly staff and lovely atmosphere, some tourists but mainly locals meeting up for lunch and informal business meetings. Recommended.

Visited April 2014
London
“I doff my cap to you!”
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Like many I stumbled upon this trying to get off the main drag whilst on my own on a work trip. Cozy, friendly but cool staff. Good food too. I had pea soup special and the house duck salad. Both delicious. Would come again.

Visited February 2014