“Been in the Womb again...and Beyond”
Review of Koan Float

Koan Float
More attraction details
Owner description: Floating & Massage Centre Koan Float welcomes you seven days a week from 09.30 to 23.00 in the heart of Amsterdam.Floating is a unique form of relaxation. Imagine lying on a cushion of silken saline water, kept at a comfortingly constant temperature of 35.5 degrees Celsius. As your body floats, you will notice after a few short minutes, that your predominant feeling is weightlessness, thus liberating your body from its daily battle with gravity. As the natural water therapy begins to work, your muscles and organs instinctively begin to relax as your breathing and your heart beat gradually slow down. You experience an intense relaxation and sense of wellbeing as your mind and body escape the hectic pace of the modern world.There are a number of factors at work in this therapeutic process - the relaxed nature of the float room, the comforting warmth and the feeling of being carried by the water. In addition, floating triggers the production of endorphins, which generate a profound feeling of well-being. These factors combine to help your body to wind down and de-stress, as you let go of the challenges of modern daily life. Afterwards, you will feel completely rejuvenated.As well as reducing stress levels and the effects of jetlag, a session at Koan Float can help relieve complaints such as rheumatic pains. It can also help reduce blood pressure and it is known to strengthen the immune system.Each float room is entirely private, comes with its own float tank, its own shower unit and a water filtration system guaranteeing purified water for each guest. The soundproof floatation capsule is equipped with light, music and intercom system.Koan Float also offers a complete range of massages, from relaxation massage and shiatsu to foot reflexology and rebalancing. Treat yourself!
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I found an article about this place in a very funky magazine so I was expecting it to be edgy and kind of wear but for my surprise is a real and beautiful Spa. The Koan Float is just something amazing. Like nothing you have try before. I got to experience deep relaxation and also gain a lot of insight relating of having been in my mothers womb. Seriously!.
I also got a massage afterwords and it was truly fantastic.
I totally recommended if you want to experience something else while being in Amsterdam and definitely if you are sore and need to go back to feeling great to continue your travels. Enjoy!!!!!

1  Thank sata_lite

Reviewed 15 October 2013

I arrived in Amsterdam on a River cruise with chronic back pain. Our hotel, The Convent, recommended this business for a massage. From the moment I walked in the door we were treated like royalty. The receptionist was very welcoming and also spoke to my husband while I was receiving my massage. When Chris entered the waiting room I knew I was in safe hands. I could hardly walk when I walked in but was able to at the completion. Chris was very professional but also very friendly and caring. I was comfortable throughout the whole experience. My only negative is that it is a bit far from Australia to go for a repeat visit and I envy all the people who are able to avail themselves of this man and the establishment. Would have loved to have a float experience but was not well enough. Also, although we didn't have it there was lovely tea available for clients.

1  Thank Lynnyjc
Reviewed 18 July 2013

this address was recommended by the hotel we booked, within walking distance along Herengracht canal. We did not try the floating experience, me and my wife went for a classical 1 hour massage. shower is proposed at the arrival, good point when you've been walking all day long through Amsterdam. I've been trying a few massages in my life, I have to say without any flattering that this is my best ever. I strongly recommend this adress, service is very kind, location is ideal in central amsterdam and above all massage is top level.

9  Thank pithecanthropus70
Reviewed 8 July 2013

New relaxing experience which I had never tried before. Combine it with a massage and you'll get back from your vacation renewed.

1  Thank Luc S
Reviewed 18 June 2013

The massage was just perfect after the long flight and the staff was top notch. After the massage you can take a shower if you please, which I did, and that felt like a nice conclusion to an extremely relaxing experience. In a friendly area at a fair price this added to our vacation. We highly recommend this- spoke English and interacted professionally with us tourists.

1  Thank StillmanValleyScott